Ideas for a Team Name

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by pitzer25, May 19, 2016.

1. pitzer25

pitzer25 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So this will be the first yr i will be filming my hunts and some friends hunts,and im really excited about it. I want to film and post the videos but my creative juices aren't flowing real well lol. I cant seem to come up with a team name. The group will be me and my friends filming are adventures in southwest pa. We mainly hunt for deer and turkey but there might be a few bear hunts as well. I would be grateful for any suggestions. Anything i come up with seems to be taken and i dont want to use a name someone else already has. Im looking to setup a facebook page for the group as well as a youtube page

2. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Whatever you do, don't let getting content ruin hunting for you. I did exactly what you are wanting to do to build a small web show for fun and it ended up taking the fun out of hunting (so I stopped).

3. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Honestly, there are thousands of people now doing exactly what you are wanting to do. I would recommend that you don't plan on making anything more out of it than fun for you and your friends. The market for outdoor video is way beyond saturated and that ship sailed a long time ago. Hunt, film, and enjoy, but don't put pressure on yourselves to put out videos. Good luck.

4. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Fletch said it so much kinder than I ever could.:lol:

5. Innovative Outdoorsman

Innovative Outdoorsman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    This.

"flooded" is a good term for this market. Every bowhunter with a camera has a "team" these days. Not novel or interesting or innovative any more. Focus on having fun. Film if you want but understand its done for you as nobody knows you and while it may sound harsh, nobody cares since they dont know you.

Not what you wanted to hear.

6. pitzer25

pitzer25 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    i am open to any and all opionions and appreciate yours. Im not looking to make money or start a new business or anything just looking to put up some videos that people can view if they want to or not. I watch videos of people hunting on youtube and i dont know them but i enjoy watching people hunt with the same passion that i have. I also watch hunting videos because they can show me tips on how to film so my videos will be better. The "team name " is just for fun all of it is just for fun if i get something cool on video i will share it but if i dont no big deal.

7. 130Woodman

130Woodman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hunting
    Outrageous
    Male
    Odocileus virginianus

You're Welcome

8. Drivingtacks

Drivingtacks Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Make some content then pick a team name. Ideally the content will send you in the right direction to finding a name that suits what you are offering.

As other have said above, don't let the filming take the fun out of hunting. In my case, filming is the second most fun thing I've ever done in the woods. I love being able to relive and share what I've experienced with others via video.

9. pitzer25

pitzer25 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    thank you 130 for your input. you must have put a lot of thought into that one

10. 130Woodman

130Woodman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    No stupid crap like that just pops into my head. I'm a little twisted.

11. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. lgreenslade3

lgreenslade3 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Bud, if you want to film and post your hunts then you go ahead and do it. I love watching hunting videos so the more the better. I film all my stuff too, not for wanting any sponsors, just to share my experience in the woods. I also like to get out and film other people and get their kills on film too, they seem to enjoy it.

13. Katt72

Katt72 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Adventurer's in Southwest Pa! You asked a question that I think you answered for yourself

14. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Ace and Gary.

15. lgreenslade3

lgreenslade3 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Southpaw Adventures. Southern PA... Southpaw, like the left handed fighters...

16. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    I think people are looking to to deep into what your post meant. Team name is part of the fun, so name away!

17. Jeepwillys

Jeepwillys Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    A name has to mean something to y'all, to be something you're proud of. For us to make it personal, would be hard with out further details about the group.

18. Freelance Bowhunter

Freelance Bowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That's pretty good.

Don't let the naysayers throw a wet blanket on you. It's the nature of the internet that you come here asking for help coming up with a name and a bunch of guys start telling you why you shouldn't be doing what you are doing. If you guys want to film your hunts go ahead. If you find that it is more work than you like, then stop. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

I didn't set out to put together a team or produce a big deal, I just started putting videos on youtube that I thought people would enjoy and share my knowledge. Now I have a channel with 2 million views and I get a check every month. Go figure.

Maybe you have something of value to offer, and if you do, more power to ya.

19. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I didn't see anyone tell him not to do whatever he wants. Only that he shouldn't put a lot of pressure on himself and eliminate the fun. Why? Because there is little chance of making anything more than fun out of it at this point anyway. And, it makes too many guys take marginal shots on game so they can get footage. So, step down off your youtube pedestal Bernie. My neighbor kid has more followers than you for his music videos and I know how little he makes. 75% of your total hits are from one video of harassing a cow moose with two very young calves. Cool.

For what its worth to the OP, I like the idea of something to do with SouthPAw for your team name. Have FUN.

20. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    We have a "team name" for our waterfowl "team" we do it totally for fun and don't even film anymore. We are the "Wing bone Crackers" or in more urban areas "Wing bone Crackas". You can sense the absence of seriousness in the name. I suggest you all get together over a case of beer and some good whisky. That's how we came up with our name! Have Fun! :lol: