ATV Sprayer

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by englum_06, Apr 20, 2016.

1. englum_06

englum_06 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Just bought a new ATV and am looking into buying some implements for it.

Most of my plots are going to be between 1/2 an acre to 1 1/2 acres. Any suggestions on brands or other specifics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Depends on what you want to spend. I've got a Fimco 15 gallon ATV-15-2-QR model. It has the small boom with nozzles but covers a good 6-7' path. It's been great on plots up to 1 acre in size plus it's not heavy enough to affect the handling of the ATV. I was concerned about the weight of a 25 gallon because I typically load in the truck on ramps and then drive to my farms where I do the work.

I think I paid around $200 for it at Farm and Fleet. For the money it's been hard to beat in my opinion, I've done some beautiful plots with it.

[​IMG]

3. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Are you thinking boom or boomless? That is the first question.

Greg H. will tell you to get the Boom one. Others will tell you to get the boomless one. There are pros and cons to each.

I have the biggest fimco boomless one and love it. 25 gallon

Fimco 25 Gallon Boomless ATV Sprayer - LG-3025-400863 - Gander Mountain

The boomless one will shoot like this but cover more area. It is more effected by wind. But for food plotters it works good unless it is a windy day.

[​IMG]

A boom one will shoot like this:

[​IMG]

More of a PITA but you can get away with more wind wise and prob a more even coverage. I figure gly is cheap. The choice is yours.

I would go fimco either way.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
  4. englum_06

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the input guys! I went out to Rural King tonight to look at their selection and they had this...

[​IMG]

They had it priced at $99. For less than $100 it seemed like a good deal... I didn't buy it as they had several of them... What's your thoughts? The brand was "Country Way". They had some with booms but they were significantly more expensive. I believe I want boom-less because some of my plots will require driving through the woods.

5. englum_06

Dislikes Received:
  6. Rick James

Dislikes Received:
    I'm sure it will work. You can also modify to include a Black Rain nozzle which I know has good reviews. Good luck and let us know how you like it!

7. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I don't know to be honest how the single nozzles work. I'll just throw it out there. Fimco parts are everywhere including pumps. I can go to my farm supply and get everything I need in stock to fix stuff.

Having said that, if you can save money and want to try that I don't see a problem with that either.

One thing I would strongly suggest is getting a tube of this and putting it on all joints. It keeps everything leak free on those plastic fittings without having the crank them so tight and damage the threads. That stuff works really really good.

[​IMG]

8. englum_06

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the help guys. I went back today and they had it priced differently... It was priced $179. I should have bought it last light... Lol. What in your guys opinions make Fimco the one to buy?

9. Rick James

Dislikes Received:
    Higher quality pump, spare parts everywhere, and a small boom that will cover more consistently than a single nozzle but won't be cumbersome.

10. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

If you really wanted to save money and get a single nozzle ( I personally would not but I'm sure it would work Ok) you could get this fimco spot sprayer and buy that nozzle RJ was reffering to. That spot sprayer is only $99 and its a fimco.

Fimco 15 Gallon Spot Sprayer - LG-15-EC-400861 - Gander Mountain

I would still either get the one RJ has or the boomless one I have. Personally. JMHO. Let us know what you do.

11. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The reason I like the boom is because I use it for spraying the shoulders of my driveway and easement. I put a bypass hose on just the outside two nozzles and it covers just the right amount of area. Efficient.

12. nybowhunter22

nybowhunter22 Newb

Dislikes Received: