Easton Customer Service

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by blueicefire, Feb 12, 2016.

1. blueicefire

blueicefire Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Has anyone else have issues with Easton communications? I have done everything but called them (don't always have time to sit on the phone). I thought I have found the arrows that I would like to use for hunting, since this will be my first year bow hunting in years, I had questions. All the other manufacturers got back to me within hours of my email. I have had two emails out to them with no return, posted on their Facebook page and twitter accounts with no response on anything.

I was looking at going with the Easton Deep Six FMJ for hunting and have the quote waiting to purchase, but if this is how they are then forget it. I'll go with the GoldTip Kinetics then. I have read multiple articles about the penetration of the Deep Six FMJ and (given 1 study was I think bias as all the arrows were Easton), the FMJ ranked very high in all of them.

Also, I understand that their website states it will take 7-days for a return email. That's quite ridiculous for a response time now a days, when everyone else got back in hours. (regardless of the time of day it was).

Anyone else have issues with Easton Customer Service or not returning on anything?

2. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    What's your question maybe someone that has used them can help you answer it .?

3. kurveball18

kurveball18 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yea, I bet you will get a more accurate answer on here versus talking with Easton directly. Everytime I've contacted companies like these I get a very generic answer back or some type of marketing answer. I know for a fact that a lot of guys on here shoot Easton FMJ's so they probably will be able to give you your best answer.

4. blueicefire

Dislikes Received:
    Basically I have been looking at the diameter of the arrow and it appears from what I have reading that smaller seems to penetrate better. I'm curious as the actual id an od of the arrow to be able to compare to the others. Also, there's a concern over the deep six proprietary stuff as well.

5. Marauder

Marauder Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I also had a hard time getting a response from Easton. I emailed them twice and the got back to me once within a month. It didn't bother me as I want in a rush, but I get what you're saying. Definitely try getting your questions answered here. Also talk to pro shops in your area that carries Easton. Hope that helps!

6. Whitetail

Whitetail Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Just call them. I have called them a few times in the last year. I got right through and had my question answered in minutes.

7. CLG73

CLG73 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I emailed them regarding DeepSix fmj spline choice. It took them 11 business days to reply. They have an auto reply that says it may be 3-10 business days to respond.

Sent from iPhone

8. illinibowhunter

illinibowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Working in customer service it frustrates me when you get a poor response back! I had some issues with Wildgame innovations trail camera and they were some of the rudest people I have ever dealt with. They officially lost my business and I will seek out other cameras in the future.

9. blueicefire

Dislikes Received:
    CLG73 - I honestly can't imagine they are that busy that it takes 7 - 10 business day as their auto-respond states. If they are that busy is it time to hire more people. That's an issue.

My problem for a phone call is during the business week I have so much going on I either forget to call or get side tracked when I go to call when I have actual work to do.
    Every other place got back to me within hours regardless of the time of day.

So does anyone know the answer to my questions on the ID and OD of the deep six FMJ's? And is it worth going with them given the fact of the deep six proprietary gear in people's experiences? I'm not going to mind to deal with it if their customer service is solid. But right now, it is extremely underwhelming and not sure it's worth the hassle, if you can't get answers.

10. davidingle

davidingle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've done some pro deals with them and calling is waaaayyyy faster and easier.

11. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    A quick google search shows deep six fmj's are 4mm in diameter.

I think we get too hung up on digital communication these days. Yes emailing is easier but some times you still have to pick up the phone. Trust me, being partially deaf, email is always my first choice. But if I do not get a response I do not hesitate to call.

12. jeffacarp

jeffacarp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I had questions regarding deep six technology a few years back when it came out. I gave them a call and they were extremely informative and friendly and took the time to answer all my questions. They made a customer for life that day, and I also love that their arrows are made in America.

On to the deep six FMJs. I love mine. I shot the older style FMJs with HIT inserts previously. They're both phenomenal arrows. I do notice better penetration with the smaller diameter deep six shafts and Ive never had any issues with the deep six inserts. Initially the downside was limited broadhead options, but I've always been an NAP spitfire guy, so it wasn't an issue for me. There's now broadhead options from NAP, rage, Muzzy, and a few others. My wife shoots the deep six muzzy trocars with easton injexion shafts and this is a great setup. We both highly recommend and are impressed with the easton deep six shafts and components. Hope this helps.

13. blueicefire

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks guys for the information very helpful.

I realize a Google search states they are 4mm, that inside or outside? Also, if that's od, then what's the inside or vise versa.

Sorry for all the questions, my questions get me in trouble a lot as I ask lots of them.