Bitzenburger info

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Swise660, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Swise660

Swise660 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I am looking into buying a bitzenburger and I am a little confused about the whole deal. Now I know there are straight, left and right helical jigs. Now what I am a little confused about is the base. Is there different bases?

2. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The base is the same. There are however different nock receivers, depending on if you want three or four fletching. At one time when we used them mostly on swedged shafts the different receivers would position the cock vane different, up or to the side. However that's a nonissue for the most part now.

3. Swise660

Swise660 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Great, thanks.

Do you need different nock receivers with the different clamps? Or are the different receivers just for whether you are doing a 3 or 4 fletch? I want to do a little playing around with helical and straight/offset fletching. Just trying to make sure I get everything I need when I go to order.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
  4. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If you want to do both straight and helical then you need both clamps.

The jig comes with a clamp and also a receiver, I am pretty sure the receiver is adjustable for both 3 and 4 fletch. So all you need is an extra clamp.
    The off set can be adjusted regardless of the any other factors.

5. maxpetros

maxpetros Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Correct, there are set screws that hold the receiver in place. Losses set across and rotate the nock receiver to the correct orientation. There is 3 fletch (3 vanes spread 120*), standard 4 fletch (4 vanes at 90*) and the "flattened" 4 fletch ( 2 vanes at 75* and 2 at 105*)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. 60X Custom Strings

60X Custom Strings Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Something else you may want to look into is the Zenith Upgrade Kit If you've ever used a bitz you know the frustration of the loose fitting nock, sloppy adapter and getting that finished arrow that doesn't have the vanes equally spaced apart. The zenith upgrade eliminates all of this.

7. Swise660

Swise660 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks. My bitz should be here next week but after I get a chance to play with it, the upgrade will probably be an idea for me.

8. Stubert

Stubert Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've never had an issue with the nocks being loose, Sometimes I don't push the arrow all the down though and I get one vane farther forward than the others. Oh, get the rt. helical clamp. with your Bitz.