String Shop Suggestions

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by PSEHunter79, Jan 13, 2016.

1. PSEHunter79

PSEHunter79 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Looking to get some new strings put on bow, problem is, I really don't trust shops locally as I think they rather deal with soccer moms/dads and people that don't know any better. I don't want to pay $150 bucks to have em slapped on and calling it a day. I was thinking of sending my bow out to Oregon to the bow rack. Does anyone else have suggestions or places they sent stuff out too like this or have any feedback on the bow rack? I trust they wouldn't just slap it on and will do it all properly, timing, measuring strings, nock etc.. As well, I wouldn't mind them putting it through a hooter shooter to get it close enough whereas I could make some small tweaks when I get the bow back. Another thing is bow rack I think only deals with winners choice, not bad, but could possibly do better as well as the price.

2. Vabowman

Vabowman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My experience with Winner's Choice has been nothing short of AWESOME! They are quality strings. I have had them on several bows and never had an issue.

3. PSEHunter79

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks, I seem to read mixed reviews on them. Some are definitely more biased towards the strings half the cost, don't know if that's a quality or a price issue.

4. Vabowman

Vabowman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have had 3 bows with winners choice strings and cables and I had no issues with quality or stretch. In fact, when I am ready for a new set of strings on my Parker, I will get Winners Choice put on.

5. PSEHunter79

Dislikes Received:

Thanks..

Anyone have suggestions on shops that gladly accept bows in the mail and will ship back?

6. 60X Custom Strings

60X Custom Strings Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    If you're still looking we offer install and tuning packages. Just mail the bow in and we ship it back fully tuned and ready to go. The package is $150 and that includes return shipping. Any questions just shoot me an email at [email protected]

7. BB4tw

BB4tw Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'll vouch for 60X's string quality. I've had them on one compound and two recurves with good results.