Seat for a Lone Wolf Wide Sit and Climb

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Matt/TN, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Matt/TN

Matt/TN Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm going to replace the stock Lone Wolf seat with something more comfortable and I am looking for recommendations. I have used a Summit seat on it a few times and really liked it but I was wondering if there was something else out there that people have used that I should consider. I will probably go with the Summit but want to survey all my options.

Also considering the Lone Wolf footrest. Anyone use one?

2. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've got the Summit seat on my regular sit and climb and love it.

3. bowcrazy30

bowcrazy30 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I know you can use the Lone Wolf alpha tech seat pad and it's really comfortable

4. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I put a Hazmore on mine. I hate sitting down inside stands, the Hazmore keeps me from doing that. Plus it got the total weight under 20#.

5. RugerRedbone

RugerRedbone Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Same here, pretty comfortable if you make sure it's level. Also like that it moves out of the way instantly as soon as you stand up.

6. parkersdad

parkersdad Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Slumper hands down. These seats allow you to lean really far back. You also don't have to mess with the backrest. Also these seats weigh nothing. When you order get the mesh seat as well, you can use it in a heavy rain.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
  7. muzzyman88

muzzyman88 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hazmore seat all the way. The first thing I replaced on my Wide SC was the stock seat as those things leave a lot to be desired.

I'm very particular about my climber setup as I almost exclusively hunt out of mine. It has to be comfortable, light and silent. I could never understand how Lone Wolf built the ultimate climber and put a crap seat on them.

For the $20.00 or so you pay for it, its worth the shot for you. I like it because it doesn't have you down inside the frame of the stand and gets completely out of the way while you climb and if you want to stand. Plus, it weighs nothing and doesn't hold scent. Oh and its very comfortable to sit on. Think hammock comfort.

I also put the footrest kit on after buying the stand. Really adds to the comfort level. Just order it from anywhere but Lone Wolf. I believe I got mine through eders for less than $20.00.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
  8. parkersdad

Dislikes Received:
    I've tried the Hazmore seat a couple of times and I do not like it. Slumper makes a mesh seat however that weighs the same as the Hazmore which is nothing and is more comfortable.
    [​IMG]

9. gregcoya

gregcoya Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Got the hazmore and attached my hunt comfort seat and loove it.

10. muzzyman88

Dislikes Received:
    I think seats also really depend on your style of hunting and needs. Do you sit mostly or stand quite a bit? I'm the latter so a big cushy comfy seat is not needed for me. Sure I want something comfortable to sit down on once in a while, but having a seat that gets out of the way for standing and stays out of the way while climbing/setting up the stand is a must for me. Thats where the Hazmore really shines and the slumper mesh is intriguing. However, I notice the buckles on the Slumper. Not a fan of buckles anymore personally. Just something to make noise or get brittle and break. Hazmores don't have buckles.

11. Cougar Mag

Cougar Mag Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If I were to change the seat on my new Lone Wolf sitnclimb it would also be the Slumper seat. Had one on an older sitnclimb but left it on when I sold the stand. I had a Hazmore seat and hated it.

Honestly, I really like the stock seat on mine. I adjust it just like the Lone Wolf video with the front of the stock seat resting slightly on the climbing bar.

12. Me53

Me53 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Those slumpers look nice. Added to the Christmas list. Thanks guys.

13. Matt/TN

Dislikes Received:
    I definitely need something comfortable. I find myself sitting more and more every year. I used to stand constantly but it was mainly because I hunted really uncomfortable stands. I find that I move less when I sit even though I have to stand when I see deer.

So does the slumper just sit further away from the tree?

Has anyone added the Lone Wolf footrest?

14. muzzyman88

Dislikes Received:
    Matt/Tn, for sure get the footrest. It was one of the first things I bought for mine. Makes a huge difference when sitting and you'll find your feet on it more than the platform.

15. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Absolutely! I'll only stand when I see a deer that I intend on killing though. I think folks who sit rather than stand will tend to spend more time (duration) in the tree.

16. Matt/TN

Dislikes Received:
    That's what I meant. I'll only stand if it's a deer I want to kill or I can't film it very well sitting down

17. muzzyman88

Dislikes Received:
    One thing I found with the LW's compared to the Summit I had was that LW puts you closer to the tree while climbing as well as while hunting. Climbing, the stock seat on the LW was just cumbersome, got in the way and was generally a pita. I tried a Summit seat on it as well and it was just as bad. Now, I usually keep my seats as tight to the bar as possible so that while sitting, I was up out of the stand frame. This may have been some of the issue because the seat can't "fold" back and there is little to no play in the straps.

I just find the net style like the Hazmore or the Slumper netting to be just as comfortable and less cumbersome. Plus they don't hold in scent like the foam ones do.

18. parkersdad

Dislikes Received:
    The Slumper seat does allow you to lean back more because there is no backrest tied to the back of the tree so it moves more freely

Tags: