Two college kids producing high quality footage: Enjoy

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by SeriouslyLethal.TV, Dec 2, 2015.

1. SeriouslyLethal.TV

SeriouslyLethal.TV Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Well Guys, this raps up this years season of Seriously Lethal TV. Thanks for all the help throughout the season, you guys helped us grow in many ways. Although we have posted on here several times and have gotten plenty of feedback, we thought we should share our final two videos. Enjoy and let us know what you guys think! Thanks again!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  2. josephmrtn

josephmrtn Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Looks great man!

3. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not going to sugar coat it just because you are kids. The fact of the matter is, you have two videos and two really poor shots. I think the pressure to get kills on camera causes a lot of video hunters to lose their composure and push too hard. For that reason alone, I wish most guys would leave the camera in the truck until they have plenty of good, clean kills under their belt and the shooting is just second nature. With that being said, I hope you have grown from the experience and wish you luck.

4. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like a clean femoral artery shot to me.
    Thanks for trying but as was said above practice videoing wildlife first and at the same time work on hunting and shooting skills

and then begin filming the kill.

5. SeriouslyLethal.TV

SeriouslyLethal.TV Newb

Dislikes Received:
    The 9 point was shot cleanly, the blood on the back end of it is from it dying crunched up and bleeding on itself. Although the missed shot was a poor decision, we have recognized what we did wrong. It's not that we had pressure to kill the deer, it is just a part of hunting and handling the nerve that comes along with it. Thank you for the help

6. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Where did you hit the 9 pt.?

7. BH.COM-CLINTON

BH.COM-CLINTON BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    THE INTERNET IS A ROUGH PLACE. So if you want some advice be prepared for it. First off if you want to film dont let the camera define what hunting is for you. Second of all dont let the camera add a bunch of pressure and force you to take bad shots. Number 3 and most importantly bad kill footage is just that. Bad nothing good will come out of it. There is a million people filming hunts so try not be like the million others. If your going to be serious about filming dont shoot unless the footage is great and the shot angle is good. If you cant be patient and wait for good shots and good footage dont take the camera. YOU will never be successful being like everyone else. There will always be bad shots and bad comments they both happen in bowhunting and we have all been there. BE patient

8. SeriouslyLethal.TV

SeriouslyLethal.TV Newb

Dislikes Received:
    qrt towards, drilled one lung pretty good and clipped the other. Ran maybe 60 yards, we are now using lighted nocks in our future video so the shot is clearer. It died crunched up with the arrow still hanging out partially and the arrow dripped all the blood on it's rear.

9. SeriouslyLethal.TV

SeriouslyLethal.TV Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you, but our intennions at this point is not to become a huge TV show. WE are just doing what we love and enjoy filming. We don't expect to be on TV and need perfect camera shots. This is mainly for our friends and family and we like to post on here every now and then to find out what we could do better in our videos for our friends and family. We also understand shot placements as you can see in our video, we are very upset with what happened and learned from it. Although we have a pretty good idea of what we are doing, we are still young and human for that matter. Any bow-hunter has made a poor decision while hunting. Thank you for your concerns and i did not intend for that to be aggressive in anyway, just wanted to clear up some things.

10. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I believe your hearts are in the right place, but seriously, that 9pt hadn't even stopped before that shot was taken. That's a read bad habit to get into.

11. SeriouslyLethal.TV

SeriouslyLethal.TV Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Yes, I agree. I should have stopped him before pulling the trigger. Although I was very comfortable with the shot, there is no excuse for not stopping a deer. thank you

12. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not trying to browbeat you guys, you did a good job on the video itself, you just need to tie up some important loose ends. It's refreshing to see young folks doing constructive things, especially in the world we live in today!

13. SeriouslyLethal.TV

SeriouslyLethal.TV Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Well thank you, we appreciate it!

14. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

Come on now. You can plainly see the tuft of hair fly from the entrance near the left hip. I played it several times in frame by frame and the video does not lie. Deer don't fold themselves in half to die. Don't try to sell that BS here, its not gonna fly. There is a ton of blood on the hind quarters because he hit the artery. Look, I have made the same mistake, it happens, but don't make it something it is not. Next time, just stop the deer.

15. soccerdan90

soccerdan90 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I agree. That arrow definitely exited in that back leg. An arrow barely hanging by its fletchings wouldn't drop blood like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. aplineman

aplineman Newb

Dislikes Received:
    It's easy for people to comment on something that has already been done. I've seen people stop deer and then they jump the string, then you could say that they shouldn't have stopped the deer. Accidents happen. By the way, great looking videos and I wish you guys the best of luck.

17. tc racing

tc racing Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    just keep learning. never think you know everything. I look back even a few years and say to myself " why the heck did I decide to do that? " ten years ago I thought I knew a lot about hunting and when I think about those times I realized I knew just enough to be dangerous! I will be writing this same post ten years from now talking about this time in my hunting career. if we don't open ourselves up to learn we will never be successful in anything we do!!!!! good luck in the future guys!

18. SeriouslyLethal.TV

SeriouslyLethal.TV Newb

Dislikes Received:
    It actually died folded up on a tree and bleed on itself. I made a clean shot and the arrow did not pass through the hind qrt. there is no way you could tell where i hit in the video because I have watched it a thousand times. There is no point for me to lie to anyone on here, I have nothing to prove to them. Believe what you want but i promise i made a clean shot on this buck.

19. SeriouslyLethal.TV

SeriouslyLethal.TV Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Watch the video again, you can see the arrow hanging out of the deer just back from its shoulder when it is running off.

20. selfbros

selfbros Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Haters going to hate, ainters going to aint.