Scrapes....Anyone seen this before?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by hammerman, Nov 1, 2015.

1. hammerman

hammerman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I was out today & came across 7 scrapes, the first scrapes we've seen this year. The weird thing was 6 were in pairs, I would see a scrape & 8-10' away would be another scrape. 2 pair were within 40yds of each other with a single scrape 20yds away from the 2nd pair. the other pair was on the other side of the 45 acres I hunt.
    Anyone seen this before?

2. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Shot my buck last weekend over a double-double scrape. 2 w/in 5 yards of each other, 3 rubs w/ in 15 yds, then another 2 scrapes. Needless to say after I found those I shot up the first straight tree I found in the LW climber. Got my buck the next evening as he worked the line.

Double scrapes are fairly normal around where I hunt. But that was the first double double I have seen. Sounds like you need to hang a set near that area of your property

3. hammerman

Dislikes Received:
    I've got my LW climber ready & hoping to get out there in the next couple of days.

4. Csw60970

Csw60970 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I got lucky and set up a camera at a pinch point. The deer actually made a scrape right in front of it. The scrape itself isn't that big, but they are all over the branch above it. I had 4 different "mature bucks" at it in a week's time. I'm hoping they are still visiting it this weekend.

5. foodplot19

foodplot19 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    We just bought this place in December so we don't know much about this place. We have 2 trees with 3 scrapes under them an one tree with 2 scrapes under them. Like said earlier, doubles are fairly normal here. I have noticed in the past in areas around here that as the season goes on they will tend to narrow this down to one of the multiple scrapes.

6. TheChurchArchers

TheChurchArchers Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    yup had that a few years back bucks had a 100 yard line of scrapes few had pairs but like a total of 8-10 scrapes...best advice hunt it lol

7. MOGC

MOGC Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have a dogwood tree on a ridge top that has a bunch of low hanging limbs hanging off it 360* around it. There are five scrapes around that tree!

8. hammerman

Dislikes Received:
    I'm off work & hunting Friday - Monday so hopefully I'll see what's hitting the scrapes.
    I've hunted this property for 8yrs & never seen this kind of activity before.

9. TheChurchArchers

TheChurchArchers Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    It didn't happen to me the following few years after that. I'm guessing its just when you have a few more bucks and hot does in the area than normal they will do that not sure what the cause of it. All I know is that year we seen the most buck activity in the 5 years of our lease.