Great first day.. I didn't shoot a thing :)

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by bigfoot16, Oct 1, 2015.

1. bigfoot16

bigfoot16 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    As strange as this sounds.. It was a great first day of bow season even though there is no blood in the truck. Why was it great?? Because I was in the woods.. a week ago I didn't think I had a place to hunt anymore.. so I was sitting in the tree thinking how thankful I am just to be out there. Oh.. I did see 9 does and 2 bucks.. so that made it even better. My reason for this post it just to remind everyone what a great privilege it is be in the woods.. this is my first season without my Dad... and I have to admit.. I was looking at a few deer with watery eyes today.. he was my hunting buddy,, and I really miss him. So.. sorry for the long story about nothing....just hope everyone enjoys the season.. and fathers and sons.. if you are hunting together... cherish every moment...safe hunting everyone...

2. BikiBoki

BikiBoki Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I still believe that bagging an animal isn't the reason we hunt...and your post relates that feeling well. Take the happy memories with you every time you hunt...your Dad would be proud.

Bill

3. Bear bow shooter

Bear bow shooter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    dad always says thats a successful hunt, you don't have to drag or butcher or gut out a deer:tu:

4. c e w

c e w Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    In my small mind hunting and killing are to very different things. Sorry about your Pops glad you were able to find a spot to go out.