Ghost blind setups

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by cmonsta, Sep 16, 2015.

1. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I know there are several Ghostblind users here. Was wondering what your set up is like when you are out there? Do you bring a folding seat or tree seat? What bow holder? Any tips or other needed gear? Do you have the ghost blind bag or just carry the blind? I think I will be buying one next time Sportsman's Guide does a deal (like double discount or something), and I am very curious what others set ups are with the blind.

I will be using it on some public land that's mostly brush, not many options for a stand. And since its public, I don't want to leave a blind out for weeks that they need to get used to. Think the ghost will be my best option.

2. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Giving myself a bump

3. foodplot19

foodplot19 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've looked at the Ghost Blinds several times. Just never have pulled the trigger on one.

4. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Same here. But could really use on on this property I will be hunting, so figured it might be time.

5. foodplot19

foodplot19 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Let me know how it goes.
    I'm in the same kinda spot at our new place.

6. Justin21

Justin21 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well I just bought one but have not been able to put it to use yet, kind of concerning no one has any input

7. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah I know there are several that use one on here. Was hoping for some input. Guess we have to come up with our own Justin lol

8. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Figured I would try 1 more bump

9. jtreat

jtreat Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Never used a ghost blind never seen the use for one. They are kinda pricey and i have always had good luck just trimming a few limbs and making a blind out of the natural environment. I think justin used one to kill a deer on bow hunt or die not to long ago might want to check that out

10. BowhuntOnly

BowhuntOnly Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I was looking at buying one of these. The lack of response in concerning as suggested in an earlier post. I think the idea is great and can think of many uses for this blind for bowhunting Turkey and Deer - especially on public lands or scouting new lands before setting up a more permanent treestand. I have a buddy who has one, but has not used it much. I may have to borrow his before making the plunge to buy one.

11. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    There actually are a fair amount of Ghostblind users on here and most have given it great reviews. Ive searched the site recently and a bunch on here use it. But not sure why they aren't responding lol. Oh well, Im doing it either way. Just hoping for a sale soon so I can have it before season.

12. Troutking

Troutking Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I bought one two years ago and have hunted out of it a few times. My son and I killed a deer out of it the first night we sat behind it. We were on the edge of standing corn. It disappeared in the corn. The trick is to have something higher than the blind in order for it to really disappear. There were corn stalks in front of us on the ground and 7 foot stalks behind us so you couldn't see the profile of the blind from 15 yards away. Its pretty awesome in that setup.

13. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome thank you! So I assume you use like a folding chair/blind chair with it? Did you get the carrying bag or is that not necessary?

14. AdamC

AdamC Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I too have been thinking about buying one. I have talked to several peeps that do have them and they all say the same thing, you need to be careful or you will honestly just about lose them. They all say they love them for early season.

15. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Great news! Yeah I have had a hard time finding bad reviews really. Im sure its a heck of a challenge getting drawn and all, but still seems like an awesome way to hunt.

16. BB4tw

BB4tw Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
  17. axtell343

axtell343 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I personally have a three legged chair (primos double bull blind seat) which is very comfortable, but a bit tippy, at 6'1 my eyes are a few inches over the top of the Ghost Blind (without the extenders) I just plan on having my bow in my lap. But I am sure any bow holder would work fine. I am very impressed with the blind itself. I put it out in a field of goldenrod that is somewhere between knee and waist high. It was difficult to pick out at 20 yards and impossible at about 60 yards. For deer that get fooled regularly by normal blinds I can't imagine they would pick this out as long as you keep head movement to a minimum. I only have 2 extenders, and as a human I can see the blind with extenders much easier when they are on, even at 60 yards the extensions are a giveaway, but I don't think a deer will notice.

I do not have the bag, it would make carrying the blind, plus a chair and extenders much easier. However I cant justifiy paying $100 bucks for a bag, when I can probably sew an ugly one together for cheap.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
  18. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome thank you so much sir!! Also, you can get the bag for $72 at amazon. Not sure if that changes your mind any, just know because I have been price checking everywhere lol.

19. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I love the idea and concept behind the ghost blind, my only concern with them is getting something background to cover your silhouette. but really like the concept!!

20. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah I agree for sure Joe. I currently have a millennium tree seat like for turkey hunting. Hoping to be able to make that work at lease for now, and the free will help break me up some. Itll take some time to figure out the right height I can setup, and might be hard finding a tree in some of the areas I hope to try, But its something. Background is a big importance for sure.