Black Gold Ascent

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by tacklebox, Aug 17, 2015.

1. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone notice third axis issues with this sight? I love this sight but just noticed the housing is cocked funny. It appears that the lil gap on the windage adjustment bar (that allows it to tighten to the vertical bar) has allowed it to bend some. Not happy, it hasn't been hit in anyway that I can recall nor has it been excessively over tightened. So I guess I am wondering if it has always been this way and I am just now noticing???? Not sure, I am about to head out to the mountains in a couple weeks and I am worried about it breaking.....

2. tacklebox

Dislikes Received:
    Well..... went ahead and just called MBG and answered my own question. LOL not sure why I didn't do that before starting this thread but.....

They say that it is common but should not be that far off. They did offer to take care of it if I want to send it in so that they can insure they replace it with one that fits as tight as possible. 24 hr turnaround as well.

3. mab

mab Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That is good news. I seen your post, but do not have that particular sight. Good luck 'at the mountains'.

4. tacklebox

Dislikes Received:
    I know there are a few folks on here with the same sight so that is kinda why I posted here. I know Fitz is / was shooting one. A couple others as well I believe.

5. SCFox

SCFox Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm shooting the Ascent and a Pure 75 on two of my bows. Awesome CS!

SCFox

6. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Huh. I didn't notice any issues with mine. My brother is shooting it now. He might be bringing it up this weekend. I'll take a look.

Glad they're able to service it so fast for ya :tu:

7. tacklebox

Dislikes Received:
    Fitz I would have never noticed either, most likely, but I was playing with my rest and after resetting my centershot I looked down the front of the bow from the top to check that the arrow looked straight and the sight housing jumped out at me appearing cocked. A closer look at that horizontal bar and it was pretty obvious what was goin on.

That being said, I took it apart last night and it certainly does not appear to be in danger of breaking and once I loosened it, it straightened out. I put it back together and didn't tighten it back quite as much...... I think I will roll with it for now and carry a back up with me out west just in case. Then perhaps when I get back I will send it in and see if they can match one up with a bit tighter fit.

8. cdcj

cdcj Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Great thing about MBG, Spot Hogg, Axcel is that they have first class customer service.

9. Scott/IL

Scott/IL Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm ordering mine Monday from S&S, just have to figure out which housing option I am going with.

I'll keep an eye out once I get it installed.

10. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Steve is good ****, he will take care of you at s&s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk