Antler growth now!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by cyokley40, Jul 22, 2015.

1. cyokley40

cyokley40 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Alright guys I've been a hunter for years and years. With that being said, I feel kind of dumb asking this question because I feel I should know this by now. But!!! My question is as of today the 22nd of July in south central Kentucky about how much are whitetail antlers growing per day/week? I know (or I've heard) that once they begin growing in April and may that they can grow up to an inch a day. Just wondering how much the boys I'm getn on camera today will grow in the next month befor sheddin velvet. Thanks for any input

2. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Each deer is different. A lot of people think that bucks will keep growing till the last few weeks of August, and though some might they don't all keep growing that long. The ones that started early will finish early. And it seams like the bigger ones finish earlier.

3. muzzyman88

muzzyman88 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Its definitely an individual thing. Some deer will grow steadily until the last few weeks of the "growing season". Some will grow like crazy quickly and come to a stop earlier. I've also seen deer start slow and then really blow up in the last month of growing.

4. BigPhil_H

BigPhil_H Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I sure hope this is the case with mine haha

5. OzarkLuke

OzarkLuke Newb

Dislikes Received:
  6. cyokley40

cyokley40 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks guys. I kina knew the individual part which is obviously by the nutrients each deer is getting also. Ozarkluke thanks for the sites helped a lot. Now let's go puttem on tha ground