Ozonics

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Shane0709, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Shane0709

Shane0709 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Does anyone have any experience with any of the products from Ozonics? Does it work, is it safe etc?

2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I use ozone to treat my hunting clothes and equipment I believe it works well. I do not and will not have an ozone generator up in a tree with me.

3. Shane0709

Shane0709 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I use ozone to treat my hunting clothes and equipment I believe it works well. I do not and will not have an ozone generator up in a tree with me.

for any specific reason?

4. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I hunt the wind no matter what and I would find the sound of a fan running to be vexing. Plus I believe running ozone in an uncontained atmosphere would be like peeing in the ocean to try to warm up the water.

5. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I was given a new unit last year. My friend who gave it to me whitetail hunts appx 30 days a year in several states. He been using it for the better part of two seasons and despite being very critical of the idea and its use, he swore by it after the first season. I gave it an honest try last season, I hunted in threes states for 19 days and used it each sit.
    I felt it worked and work well in several situations were I should have been winded. Watching deer reactions to entering the scent cone of the unit was an eye opener. A couple times I even used milk weed to check wind in relation to visible deer and again.. the deer should have had different reactions then what I seen. I honestly felt it worked well.

6. myot

myot Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I own a unit and am a total believer
    I can't count how many deer I had come in last year straight down wind and was only busted when the battery ran out

Dan

7. montec

montec Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Works great on clothing and in a tree stand. There are a few tricks for the use of Ozonics but just beware of naysayers THAT DON'T OWN ONE. This topic has come up before and those naysayers will make their clueless cynical claims based on NO experience......and no, it does not work 100%

8. LowbanksArcher

LowbanksArcher Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Love the ocean analogy. Lol. Ozone kills scent causing bacteria and microorganisms. This doesn't translate to killing 'scent' itself in open atmosphere. However, I do believe that people are having success with it. Not thru killing of scent as advertised, but as an ozone cover scent. It would be interesting to create a similar device that creates another type of cover scent and compare the results.

9. Scott/IL

Scott/IL Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have seen deer cross my scent stream and they obviously smell something, but do not know what it is. I can't recall having a deer blow once at me while having it. I have not had the opportunity for a big mature buck to encounter it yet, so I withhold a final grade until that happens.

10. bowhntr4life

bowhntr4life Newb

Dislikes Received:
    yup I believe. ive seen

11. pinski79

pinski79 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Had one for three years. Love it. I hunt out of a blind and feel that is where they really shine

12. doepatrol2000

doepatrol2000 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've heard that the Ozone Generater is bad for your health. I know it works since I've used but when I heard its bad for your health, I sold it, since then I just use a Pine tree cover scent and play the wind.

13. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It's terrible. I died from it. .....

14. Matt/TN

Matt/TN Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Can you explain this please? Lol.

This might be one of the funniest things I have read all night!

15. Wingtipsdown

Wingtipsdown Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    A true ozone generator will mess your lungs up bad. Unless you have a small unit in your face, you are good. I use a large unit to descent everything that I wear or hunt with. I have a 8 x 10 x 15 foot closet made from 2x4's and wrapped in plastic. My unit will make your chest hurt and not feel good for days if you don't wear breathing protection inside the room.
    I do not use small units but descenting with a large unit works great. It smells, but it smells like nothing and that's about the only way to describe it. What is cool is you can descent everything. Bino's, gun, bow, rangefinder, boots, hats, gloves, back pack, calls and have even put buckets in the room that I was carrying to the ground blind for the first time. I don't wash my clothes as much anymore.

16. doepatrol2000

doepatrol2000 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    There you go Matt and Trial153

17. rizzo999

rizzo999 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    After using one last year I am a believer that it HELPS, but you still need to be aware of your wind and thermal direction.

18. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  19. Xoutdoors

Xoutdoors Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ozone isnt worth the money. ive used conquest scent evercalm. i know guys like adam hays bob lott and the intrpid guys use em. ive used them. im a beleiver of this product. i had deer walking to my wind and none were aware of my smell. probally because i smell like a beded deer in their nose

20. Wingtipsdown

Wingtipsdown Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The large units work great for descenting. I purchased 1 to see how it worked last year. It worked great, I descent my clothes before every hunt. Never mess up and don't play the wind. The small units ( in my opinion ) are too small to do anything. But, that's just my opinion. I descent everything for me and my 2 boys. I'll see if I can dig up some pictures.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2015