Last stupid question of the night from the noob.....

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Hoyt noobie, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Hoyt noobie

Hoyt noobie Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I am shooting easton aftermath arrows right now just to start out, but i was wondering what arrows you guys use and why because i look to be switching here in the summer. I shoot a hoyt Faktor 30 at 60 pounds.

I am interested in Blood sport arrows and eastons, but i just want a good quality arrow.

Sorry for the frustrating questions and stupid questions, I did not have a dad that hunted and i literally am teaching myself everything about hunting and bows and whatnot. I know all of you guys are hardcore and that is why i figure you have the best knowledge.

If any of you want motocross gear or bike advice i can help you as i am a proficient expert with that hobby. :)

2. HuntMaine

HuntMaine Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    You will get 100 different answers here.
    I personally shoot the Easton Bloodlines.. They are cheaper arrows, but fly great for me. I am thinking about changing to a slightly heavier arrow for this coming season.. Been shooting them for roughly 4 years now though and never had an issue with them at all. One big factor to me is how much do you want to spend? Are you looking to shoot a light arrow, middle of the road, or heavy arrow? Heavier leads to more kinetic energy, and penetration..

3. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Easton arrows are very good arrows. I have shot them every year bit 1 that I have been bowhunting.

4. MartinHunter

MartinHunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    ANSWER #3

I shoot PSE Xweave Hunter arrows and have since they came out my wife and son shoot them as well.... never an issue great arrow great value, can be had under $100 a dozen.

5. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I been shooting my Easton XX75 aluminums forever. Love um.

6. victoryhunter

victoryhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Like others said you will get a lot of answers on this, all of them will are right too haha. Any major brand will be good, that being said I shoot Gold Tip Expeditions. They are super durable and are relatively inexpensive compared to other brands. Hope this helps, good luck!

7. ShaneB22

ShaneB22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Easton and Gold Tip are both quality arrows but I like the GT Velocity, it has the best speed weight ratio in my opinion and they are very hard hitting.

8. cdcj

cdcj Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I went from Gold Tip Velocity Pros to Pro Hunters. For the price, the Gold Tip XT series in the Hunters or Velocities are very hard to beat. The Hunter series are usually about .6-.7 grains per inch heavier than the same spine in the Velocity series. Gold Tip also allows you to put weights in inserts with their weight system to play around with front of center on your arrows. I had a twenty grain weight in my Velocity but just went with the 50 grain insert in my Hunters.

9. Ventilator

Ventilator Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I used Carbon Express Terminators for years, but when they stopped making them I switched to Beman ICS Hunters. They have proven to be a good value, very durable and accurate.

American made too.

V

10. MartinHunter

MartinHunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I use the ICS hunters as my practice arrows and hunt with my Xweaves... I have some ICS Hunters I have been flinging for 5+ years great durable arrow..

11. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I am an Easton/Beman fan. I have had great success with them, plus most (not all) of their shafts are made in the US where others are China and Mexico. Doesn't really matter except I try to buy American when I can.

12. Robson

Robson Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I upgraded from Carbon Express Maximas to Carbon Express Reds. Honestly I didn't ever buy into the whole science and sales pitch about weight forward, zone wrapped, dual-spine, blah-blah... But these arrows have sold me. I really think there's something there with these b/c my groups have tightened up and I haven't made any changes to my set-up.

So I highly recommend the CX Maxima Reds

13. muzzyman88

muzzyman88 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Arrows are like women and shoes. Lots of options.

But I will say this. If you're a noob and just starting out, I highly doubt you'll see the difference between a $70/dz and a $140/dz arrow. Those differences are usually weight and straightness tolerances. I've been shooting for 25 years and I can't tell a difference there. However, I shoot the higher end arrows for the confidence they give me.

I'm a big Gold Tip fan. Ive shot them for years and they're as tough of an arrow as they come. I tried various brands a couple of years ago, but ended up back to my tried and true Gold Tip Pro Hunters.

14. jjs3

jjs3 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot the easton deep six FMJ's, upgraded from FMJ's last year.

15. Smoke

Smoke Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    practice with GT's... but hunt with Beaman ICS hunter pros... within 2 grains of the Gold Tips, but thinner for less resistance and greater penetration