2015 millenium m7 microlite......8.5 POUNDS!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Swamp Stalker, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    This is looking pretty sweet. I am definately going to be getting one of these for some deep public land hunting!!
    I wish they would rip off LW's versa buttons and straps just like muddy did, because the current way to attach it to the tree is a joke.

Millennium - New For 2015 M7 Microlite & M60U Ultralite Hang-On Stands

2. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The platform is only 11" wide! You would have to learn to shoot with your feet touching. I do like it, I have become a minimalist and like a small platform on my stands. I might have to look into it. Like you said Joe, it would be nice to have the versa button. I think I could install one!

3. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    11" x 20" platform doesn't seem right. Think that may be a typo?

4. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Similar in size to wedge loks ....

5. HuntMaine

HuntMaine Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I personally would rather have the m60u for the bigger platform.. My size 14 boots wouldn't fit too well on an 11'' wide platform!

6. r0scoe

r0scoe Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    wow that is a small looking platform

7. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Seems like that dimension would have to be a typo. Here's a quick video I found on it.

[video=youtube_share;kkz7fl4Nb6g]http://youtu.be/kkz7fl4Nb6g[/video]

8. r0scoe

r0scoe Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I wonder if they are talking about the part of the platform that is squared (20" wide but 11" deep from the front to the point where it startes to wedge in)

9. MartinHunter

MartinHunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    reminds me of a stand a buddy of mine has designed and in the process of building, platform is the same size... I told him that seemed small , he said hell your just sitting your not doing damn calisthenics..lol

I think his is the about the same weight and comes with a receiver system so you can put them on multiple trees..

Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
  10. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    You are right. 20 x 11 is the correct dimensions. This is how they are able to get the weight down to 8.5 lbs. I like the M100U the best out of all of them that I own. the M60 is a smaller profile with similar dimensions as the M100U. The M60 is 4 inches wider than the M100U, but it is 5 inches shorter so it will not stick out as far once mounted to the tree.

11. maxpetros

maxpetros Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That's a pretty small platform. But I don't mind heavy stands. All my hunting is on my property so I don't carry stands in and out each hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Seats on the Millennium are hand down the most comfy seats I have sat in. Can't say I'd carry this stand daily but it would have some special applications. I have a few spots that are really thick with scrub trees and brush. Could see setting this up 6 to 10 feet off the ground.

The larger of the two is more appealing to me. Although I can't say I am going to run out and buy one being I already have a LW Assault II. The LW is in-between the two new Millenniums as far as dimensions and weight. All around is probably more practical for a light - mobile setup.

About time they started making a adjustable platform and seat combo. I do realize this isn't their first but the last model was on the heavy side. My biggest complaint about the M100 is you needa near perfect tree which are few and far between in KS..

I have a pile of receivers. May give the smaller one of the two a try. Defiantly not a "Gota have it, impulse buy..."

13. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I can think of a few uses for this stand, I most likely will pick one up at some point when it presents its self at the right price. For short sits the platform size isn't an issue at all.

14. muzzyman88

muzzyman88 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    20x11... no thanks. Turkeys would have trouble roosting on something that small. If there is one thing that deters me from any type of stand its a tiny platform. If I can't stand up and turn completely around without worrying about stepping off the thing, I don't want it.

15. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I couldn't agree more! I hate stands with small platforms. Very uncomfortable and hardly anywhere to stand. I have a friend that loves them. He says it makes a smaller profile on the tree. I can see that point, but I have to feel safe when standing and moving in a stand. Plus after sitting for a while, I need to stretch my legs out. That is why I love the M100U so much. The foot rest that you can get for the M100, 100U and 150 is a great feature.

16. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I like my LW Assault for public land hunts because I have to carry in and out every hunt, so I prefer the lightest setup possible. So this stand is a little intriguing to me, but that is even smaller than my older Assault. I am not sure I want even smaller even though the weight is attractive.

17. Pichy

Pichy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have an old Master Hunter (I think that's what it's called) from when I was a teenager. I bought it at Kmart, and it only weighs 5.5 pounds. I killed a lot of bucks using that stand. I've never seen one even close to being as light. It had the "Loc on" style constrictor rope to hold it to the tree (no buckles), which was quiet, light and strong. I use my LW stands now, so it's a backup stand.

18. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I agree with what alot of you are saying, I'm thinking this stand is designed for a quick 3-4 hour hunt. I couldnt imagine doing an all day rut sit in it, but would if I had to. I have 2 LW assaults and love them, but a 3 pound difference is huge when your walking 2-3 miles into the woods. Just not a fan of the receiver system they use.

19. dthbyhoyt

dthbyhoyt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have the foot rest and the M600 bowholder on my M100 ...click for larger view
    [​IMG]