Area has too much deer sign?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by alenhard15, Feb 15, 2015.

1. alenhard15

alenhard15 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    This past season I got permission mid season to hunt a farm in Eastern NC. I didn't get to do very much scouting but found several areas that seemed like good spots, I ended up only seeing 6 deer the rest of the season and 5 of them came through at the same time. The problem I'm having now is that everywhere I look on the farm there is deer sign. I know that sounds crazy but It makes me unsure of where to hang stands and cameras, now that it is the off season I am out scouting and keep finding new spots, has anyone else had this problem? It seems like there is so much activity everywhere it is difficult to pinpoint where the deer will be day to day.

2. maxpetros

maxpetros Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'd try and find a bedding area and a food source and set up on any trail you can find between the two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. grommel

grommel Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    What maxpetros said!!

4. AmericanVeteranOutdoors

AmericanVeteranOutdoors Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Use trailcams, there is no guessing with facts

5. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I've heard this from a couple guys and it is usually the result of not being able to separate nighttime sign from daytime sign. Trail cams, sign interpretation and back tracking is where I'd start. As well as like stated find the bedding areas...problem is bedding areas now are different then summer/spring/fall ones at times, just depends on the bedding options available.

6. PinkPony

PinkPony Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    This. I had a ton of sign by my stand. We were late putting cameras up, so I sat there anyways. But when I finally checked the cards they were moving right before sunrise or right after end of light at evening.