HHA kingpin

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Shane0709, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Shane0709

Shane0709 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm really debating if I should buy the new kingpin from HHA. It looks like an awesome sight but I want to know all I can before I spend 400$ on the XL version. Convince me either way, what does it have that makes it worth that 400? Thank you

-shane

2. Longstriker

Longstriker Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Great question, I like some insight too.

3. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I have HHA sights on my bows. The new Kingpin has features that are better than the predecessor. The adjustable yardage dial has a magnifier that makes seeing the yardage better and there is a light available for the dial as well. It allows you to see the yardage in low light like in a ground blind. Once you dial in at 20 and 60 you are good out to 100 yards. The fact that you have a feature that allows you to dial back to your most common yardage without looking is awesome. Say that buck you are watching and waiting to shoot at a 50 yard opening all of sudden runs in and stops at 20? You never have to take your eye off him as you adjust the dial. I am buying one for my new Mathews No Cam HTR. I love HHA sights and they addressed the minor issues that the older sights had while making a good sight even better. They are Rock solid and built like a tank! They are worth every penny to me. Their customer service is Top Notch and they stand behind their product.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
  4. Mathewshooter

Mathewshooter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    IMHO its not worth 400 bucks! I have an HHA slider that I paid 150 for and it works great. Why spend that kind of money on a sight? That's half of a new bow! If you must spend that much, check out the Axcel Accutouch....it looks much better and about $100 cheaper.

5. aRroW_adDicted

aRroW_adDicted Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If I could ask a question in regards to the single pin sights. Does the vertical pin in any way interfere with lining up a shot? Also, is it very difficult to adjust the yardage quickly when you have a deer suddenly move closer in range? I have been contemplating going from a five pin sight to the single pin but was just a little unsure and wanted some input. Sorry for somewhat hijacking this thread but any input is appreciated. Thanks!

6. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    No the vertical pin doesn't interfere with you lining up the shot. The pin has some what of a small ball point at the tip that I put right on spot I am aiming at. I leave my sight set to 25 yards and I can make any shot from 40 yards in without moving it.

7. aRroW_adDicted

aRroW_adDicted Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the advice!

8. mhouck06

mhouck06 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I agree with Sam,
    The single pin does not interfere with the shot line up. I think it makes it a lot easier. You only have one pin to worry about. Put the pin on the animal and shoot. Adjusting the yardage is not too hard.. I also leave mine set at a predetermined yardage that suits the stand.. For example here in PA I leave mine set at 20. Where I hunt in MD and OH its a little more open terrain, so I leave it set at 25 or 30.. The new feature on the King Pin that allows you to dial to your most common yardage without looking is huge! That feature alone takes an already great sight to another level!

As far as the price point for this sight, I think it is well worth the money..

9. AJBowhunter

AJBowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    A lot of good stuff about HHA's has been said here, and I agree with all of it. As far as the king pin is concerned, it is the best sight HHA has release to date! I don't have mine yet (3 days though), but I have played with the shop demo quite a bit. I have it all sighted in, on a shop Hoyt Carbon Spyder ZT, and it shoots amazing all the way out to 100. This is my grouping at 90 yards, a day or two ago![​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Swampthing

Swampthing Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've shot HHA for years so the King Pin was at the top of my list for my new bow. But I ended up with a Montana Black Gold Pure Driven 75. You can get better sights (IMHO) than the King Pin for less $.

11. Noblacksheep

Noblacksheep Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I just bought the HHA Optimizer Lite. I didn't want to spend $$$ on the high end King Pin. I got a good deal on the Optimizer Lite and for how I'll be hunting, I was okay with 5 yd increments instead of 1 yd increments. I really wanted to try out a single pin sight, so that's why I went with the Optimizer Lite. I get it in the mail in 6 days. Once I get the shop to put it on and I zero it in, I'll let you know what I think. I know it's not the King Pin but maybe it'll help.

12. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I am going to go with the King Pin! Must have the extra wheels. Absolutely sick of re-sighting in for different setups spring & fall.

13. Longstriker

Longstriker Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    How could you miss with a Carbon Spyder ZT? Nice Bow!