Nebraska turkey.

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Foodhunter, Jan 9, 2015.

1. Foodhunter

Foodhunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hey everyone. I had some setbacks hunting this season. Didn't get away from work as much as I'd like. Now I finally have some time and my turkey tags are good through the 31st. My question is does anyone in nebraska hunt turkey this late in the fall season? Any advice on where to go in the western part of the state? Thanks in advance.

2. Foodhunter

Foodhunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    To the top.

3. BB4tw

BB4tw Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    What part of the western end of the state? I've heard of large flocks living on the pine ridge in the pan handle. My dad-in-law used to ownssome ground therehe talks about multiple flocks of 50 birds, plus or minus.

4. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Late seasonal turkeys? I think the best way to hunt them is be where they want to be. You will most likely see them in the same field every day and maybe even the exact same spot. I don't recall the baiting rules in Nebraska off hand but I would be putting feed on the ground if you can stomach it and its legal.

5. NEB Bucks

NEB Bucks Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Haven't ever hunted the western part of the state but like Heckler said, they're pretty much in the same fields every day. I know the groups are big out there, so they shouldn't be hard to spot. Scout them out one evening to find their roost and you know where to look for them in the morning.

6. HoytHunter831

HoytHunter831 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Try going to some of the public land spots by Chadron, if you find 1 turkey you will probably find another 50-200. I've heard on some spots there have been over 400 in a field at once.

7. Foodhunter

Foodhunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the replies. I didn't get a chance to get up there with school. I have heard theee are lots of birds in the pine ridge area.