New NO Cam HTR

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Longstriker, Dec 31, 2014.

1. Longstriker

Longstriker Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    image.jpg I've got this new Mathews bow with an engraved walnut grip. So far I've purchased a Ridgerunner wrist sling(pictured) and Trophy Taker Smackdown Pro arrow rest, which I'm not sure I'll keep. I'm wondering if anybody has suggestions for finishing off this rig. My last bow was a Mathews Switchback which was pretty nice, but the No Cam HTR is a lot smoother. I'm thinking a Spot Hogg Hogg Father is what I'd like for a sight, can't decide between a single pin or a three pin though. Thanks

2. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Trophy ridge react 5 pin is freaking sweet.

3. 60X Custom Strings

60X Custom Strings Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    CBE makes some good sights

4. maxpetros

maxpetros Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Smackdown is a great rest. I'd go single pin for the hogg father.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Longstriker

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Slugger. There's still a possibility that I might trade the Trophy Taker rest for a Schaffer Opposition rest and 4-pin sight since I bought the bow from John Schaffer at his shop in Burnsville, Minnesota where I live. His stuff is very well designed and tuff as nails. I'll definitely check out the Trophy Ridge. I do like sights that have the option of adding optical grade lenses as the Spot Hogg can.

6. FullTimeKiller

FullTimeKiller Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I couldn't decide either between a single pin or 3 pin Hogg father. I went with the single pin and love I
    It. I was able to try out the 3 pin version from a friend, but I think I went with the right choice, going with the single pin.

7. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Take a look at the QAD Ultra HDX Rest. I have them on both of my Mathews bows.

8. Longstriker

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Sam, Happy New Year. Thanks for suggesting the QAD as an arrow rest option. What I want is a rest thats rock solid, easy to set-up and tune, as well as being super quiet. Have you had a chance to shoot the HTR yet?

9. Whitetail

Whitetail Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    IMO that is not a QAD. Not solid and the loudest rest I ever used. I had 3 of them. Louder than feathers going though my WB by far. Lots of things to fail in it too. I know lots and lots of people like them.....I am not one of them. They do have great CS. They replaced all 3, no questions. NAP Apache Carbon is the quietest I found.

10. Nick_P

Nick_P Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'd go with the Mathews QAD HDX, it is machined by QAD to fit the Mathews risers and is rock solid, silent, and in my experience a breeze to tune. Cant go wrong with any Spot Hogg sight. As for the Shaffer Opposition rest... I'd shoot a whisker biscuit over one of those... I won't be leaving my QAD's any time soon

11. Longstriker

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Whitetail, I've had no experience with the QAD so your input is great to have.

12. SharpEyeSam

Dislikes Received:
    Neither of my QAD HDX rests are loud. They were very easy to setup as well. Yes I have shot the No Cam HTR and I am buying the Black one this month. It is the smoothest bow I have ever shot.

[​IMG]

13. Longstriker

Dislikes Received:
    Sam, you look awesomely handsome and happy on this New Years Day. I see you use HHA sights on your bows. Are they single or multi-pin versions? Do you have any experience with Spot Hogg sights or know anyone who uses a Hogg Father single-pin? I'm so excited to get this bow set up, but I want to think that I've done my due diligence and made accessory decisions that I won't second guess.

14. Shane0709

Shane0709 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have an HHA optimizer lite and I can't say enough about it> Best sight on the market IMO. If you decide to buy one get it in XL for the bigger housing. Also, The QAD HDX is again (IMO) the best rest on the market. Ive never had any problems with it. A stabilizer suggestion would be the K-TECH. It looks awesome with mahews simply because it carries out the gridlock design from the riser, with a harmonic dampener and harmonic stabilizer. All of these accessories are rock solid products you can't go wrong with. Let me know what you pick. If you end up with any of these, you won't be disapointed!

15. jeffacarp

jeffacarp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'll add another vote for for the QAD. I have the HDX pro model on my Z7X and its rock solid, smooth, and quiet. I don't have experience with their less expensive versions, but as far as I'm concerned the QAD I have now will get transferred onto a new bow in the future. It's an awesome rest from my experience.

16. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    CBE tek hybrid...three pin.
    Or MBG three pin ascent

Rests....I am using more limb driven rests all the time. Really no downside to them.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2015
  17. SharpEyeSam

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks a lot. Both my sights are single pin. I have the DS-5519 on my Z7 Magnum and the DS-5019 on my Creed. I like them both a lot. I love the look of the Hogg Father sight. I think that is the one Lee Lakosky uses. He shoots some LONG shots with it too. Keep me posted on which one you choose. I am going to put a DS-5519 on my No Cam HTR. It will look great with the black and yellow matching the color scheme of the black NO Cam HTR. :tu:

18. Longstriker

Dislikes Received:
    I think I'm going with a single pin sight to just get rolling and maybe get a multi-pin sight housing down the road. I was leary of limb driven rests at first, but I feel better about them now.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2015
  19. jeffacarp

jeffacarp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sam that no cam sure looks sweet decked out with an HHA. I'm trying to not let myself shoot it. In fear of buying it on the spot. I promised my wife she'd get the new bow this year and I'd get a new browning A5 for waterfowl hunting....the more I look at that setup of yours makes me want to retire my Z7X. Congrats on a slick looking rig!

20. Longstriker

Dislikes Received:
    Just ordered a Spot Hogg Hogg Father .019 single-pin sight with Spot Hogg sight tape and a sight light included for $329 plus free shipping. Kinda really excited! I had a five pin Hogg-It on my last bow which was a Mathews Switchback and I'm hoping this will take me to the next level. Much thanks to everybody who responded to this thread. I'm still undecided on an arrow rest, but I'm seriously considering getting a Carter "Like Mike" trigger release with a Scott buckle strap. Any thoughts out there on wrist vs four finger thumb releases? Thanks