Sabotage???

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Heckler, Dec 23, 2014.

1. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    How many of you have experienced some form of sabotage around your hunting sets?

Early this year one of my cell cams mysteriously stop sending pics. I went out to check it and the cam that was on a stick-n-pic was aiming straight at the ground and the cell antenna had been ripped off. I talked to the land owner and he assured me that no one had been back in there and the neighbor that the land borders is a good guy, doesn't have any kids, and doesn't let anyone hunt. I let it go and replaced the camera.

A couple months go bye before the next incident. This time the camera has been knocked around so much that the batteries are rattling around inside of it and the camera no longer functions. In fear of starting some type of a feud or losing access I let it go.

I just was out at the place again today. I was going to hunt the stand tonight that sits in the corner of the property. I found my pull rope had been cut into three pieces, a bungee strap had been cut in two. And the strap on the second Lone Wolf stick had been cut to where it was just hanging by a thread. Any weight on it would have caused a failure.

Anyone have any experience with things like this? Other then hanging a bunch of cams trying to catch them in the act what if anything can be done? Do i just remain silent??? Or do I say something again to the land owner?

2. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It would be pissed!!!! I would be on a stake out. If I caught them. They would NEVER be able to do it again.

Hoyt Faktor 30

3. okie_flinger

okie_flinger Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have not experienced any vandalism to that extent, although last year someone shot through the platform of a hangon stand. I pretty much know which neighbor trespasses there, but I didn't confront him. it did kind of disturb me though every time I sat that stand... I'm unsure what I would do if confronted with a guy on the ground with a gun.

I would talk to the land owner again and see what he says... obviously with the stand vandalism, you could have been injured if you had climbed up in the dark which many of us do. I've started at least visually inspecting stands from the ground before I climb up.

4. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    This is attempted murder in my opinion, at least assault, PLUS it's premeditated. I would setup a camera to try and catch them and then file charges to the fullest extent possible.

5. frenchbritt123

frenchbritt123 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Heckler, that's what you get for being a ..... :tu:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2014
  6. Beefie

Beefie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Wisconsin, Just south of the Green Bay Packers.
    Set up more cameras for pictures, you need proof to show intent. Yes you have proof now but you don't no who is doing it. That really sucks but at least you caught it now before you climbed your stand. I would check all the other stand sites for tampering with. Maybe its located just to one side of the property. Different adjacent land owner or close to a road wear some one is trespassing.

Beefie

7. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've never met or seen anyone of then the land owner. LOL!

8. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Heckler you know someone doesnt have to actually meet you to know your a ..... :evilgrin:

9. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Here is a pic of the LW strap. This set of sticks was brand new for this year. There are 4 individual strands left intact.

[​IMG]

10. Beefie

Beefie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Wisconsin, Just south of the Green Bay Packers.
    Some one must have used a dull knife on cutting that. Not a clean cut at all. I hope you are taking pictures of the way you found it at the stand site along with the up close photos as well.

Beefie

11. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That's what I thought when I first looked at it. It's deceiving, it's pretty clean. It's just unraveling and the individual strands are fluffy. Kind of like the end of a rope right before you burn it.

12. AndyWest83

AndyWest83 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I had my stand and camera stolen off Private land. I feel your pain. Makes me want to smash some heads. ahahha

13. MartinHunter

MartinHunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    sounds like you need to take an 8' step ladder in and hang a cam up high to see if you can catch someone in the act...

Have had climbers stolen in the past I seldom leave them in the woods any more..

14. kennyg

kennyg Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    A co-worker had someone cut his straps on a ladder stand. It went over as soon as he got to the top. Had to have back surgery after that. This was while still dark in the morning, unable to tell they were cut. This was about 13 years ago. Its always on my mind.

15. Sliverflicker

Sliverflicker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It's the Rats, It's them fricking Kansas rats man!

16. bz5119

bz5119 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've had hippies wandering the woods and neighbors blaring music during suburban lottery hunts. Annoying for sure but no vandalism thankfully.

17. jjnowak

jjnowak Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    One of the guys that hunts another section of the property that I hunt had the straps cut on his stand in the same way. Luckily he noticed before he climbed up. Now I always make sure to check mine before climbing.

18. norseman112

norseman112 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I would try and catch him and use all forms of justice. :)

19. Matt

Matt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Dude Jason, that's messed up...you need to find out who's doing this.

I had a camera on private property on ohio taken this year got a pic of a neighbor who doesn't even hunt....the land owner confronted him, he denied it, and ask why I had cameras there anyway.

20. JakeD

JakeD Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I really don't understand people with this kind if mentality. Possibly killing somebody over a damn deer. Unbelievable. I hope you find out who it is and nail their *** to the wall. Good luck.