GrizzlyStik???

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Scott/IL, Dec 20, 2014.

1. Scott/IL

Scott/IL Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone have any experience with their arrow shafts or broadheads? Pretty steep price tag on it all, but for those wanting a heavy arrow, looks like a quality product.

2. Scott/IL

Dislikes Received:
    The 650 grain challenge seems interesting...

3. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I was going to try it. Ive heard good things about it. If you search 650 challenge on here youll find a couple guys did it. And their broad heads have been recommended to me several times so I know they have a good reputation.

4. Scott/IL

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah their heads look like amazing quality. I just stumbled across them last night, and I generally like to be a little on the heavy side for my arrow setups so I'm intrigued. I can't justify spending that much money on a dozen arrows

5. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah I think I decided to stay with FMJ for now. More then heavy enough. My next bow will also be more like 60lbs and 27.5" draw, so 650g will be a bit over kill. My current set up it would be bad a though!

6. Beefie

Beefie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Wisconsin, Just south of the Green Bay Packers.
    I plan on doing it after the holidays. But still plan on shooting my 535gr arrows. I have had a lot of conversations with the folks at Grizzly Stik. I did find a less expensive broad head that is almost identical to some of the ones at alaskabowhunting supply. Wearwolf broadheads. 6 heads for 90$ instead of 3 For 89$ with single or double bevel.

If you do the 650 challenge order them with the hot melt glue. You don't have to order 650 grain arrows for the dozen just for the 650 challenge. So you can still get the 50 dollars off.

Beefie

7. Scott/IL

Dislikes Received:
    If I was needing arrows I would think about trying it out, but right now with only whitetails on the list for at least another year my GoldTip 7595's will suffice. Maybe when I finally make it out west I'll beef up the momentum factor of my arrow.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
  8. ARCHER_CHI_RHO

ARCHER_CHI_RHO Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
  9. Shakespeare Hunter

Shakespeare Hunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hmmm I just wanted to note share that currently the company is no longer in the hands of the founder Ed Schlief. I phoned to order some arrows, get info etc. and was treated to perhaps the worst customer experience I've ever had... The woman who identified herself as the new owner, and daughter in-law of the founder, was rude, abrupt, stressed, unfriendly, confrontational Yikes I could go on and on... and I was trying to spend hundreds of dollars, as a new customer! Anyway, be forewarned, if you phone in, have cap in hand, Oliver Twist style "Please Sir, I want some more" or, if you have ever seen the Seinfeld 'Soup Nazi' episode (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WRxEY8o3kc) you'll have an idea ... I sure like their videos/web site/ etc. and the hunters ethos and romance there, but ... I guess that was from a few years ago? or hopefully she was having a very bad day, and I just happened to be in the way...

10. ARCHER_CHI_RHO

Dislikes Received:
    I had a similar experience last week...hmmmm

11. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    There are a lot better heavy arrow choices out there ....and there are even more way to add weight to your arrows.

12. ARCHER_CHI_RHO

Dislikes Received:
    i'm open to suggestions. =)

13. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Need a few things...
    Draw length
    Arrow length
    Draw weight
    Target complete arrow weight

14. rick-florida

rick-florida Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Agree if the goal is simply a heavier arrow there are cheaper ways to go about it. But am very sorry to hear about Alaska Bowhunting going downhill. I bought Grisslystik arrows and broadheads on sale a few years ago and the company was a pleasure to deal with. For those who have not held one of their arrows, in fit and finish they are a work of art. The concept of a tapered shaft to reduce drag through game and the bone splitting single bevel broadhead are intriguing and I think very useful for large game like bison and water buffalo where everything needs to be in my favor for penetration and bleeding. But for my day to day shooting and the game I encounter here in Florida and New England my regular shafts with SlickTricks have been perfect.