Customer Service

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by mobowhunter14, Dec 19, 2014.

1. mobowhunter14

mobowhunter14 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Does anyone know if Moultrie has good customer service? Had a camera quit on me and need input about there customer service.

2. BigHoss

BigHoss Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'v had great customer service from them. I had 2 cameras that quit working after just a couple weeks. I had gotten them on clearance so they were last years models. They replaced both of them with this years model camera no questions asked.

3. Beehunter

Beehunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have only dealt with them one time, and it was a joke. They wouldn't even consider looking at a camera that the I.R. flash stopped working. It takes good day pictures, the night shots are just solid black. The camera is just over a year old. I would gladly pay to have it looked at, and possibly repaired. The customer service rep told me they aren't doing any work other than warranty work. Besides that.........she was rude, and was obviously doing what she could to get me off of the phone. I'll think long and hard before I give Moultrie any more of my money.

4. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I don't blame you. Had a buddy with the same experience, but his was under warranty. I'm glad some have had good luck though.

Sent from my Z665C

5. mobowhunter14

mobowhunter14 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the feedback. Going to try my luck monday.

6. grizzly1530

grizzly1530 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    In my experience, poor customer service is due to poor customer behavior. I have called many companies with traditionally poor customer service, and they were all great to deal with. Maybe I got lucky, but I was just very nice, and non accusing/threatening on the phone, and I was able to resolve things. What a lot of people don't understand is that these customer service people don't enjoy getting berated on the phone, so they'll do what they can to keep the customer calm.

7. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I had an M-80 stop working. Called them and they had me run through some procedures like re-installing the software, trying different batteries, and a couple other things. Once that did not fix the problem, they gave me an RA to send it back. It was out of warranty so they told me they would take a look at it and get back to me with how much it would cost to fix it, or offer me a discount on a replacement. a couple weeks later I received a new M-80 in the mail.

I can't complain one bit since my camera was out of warranty.

8. BigPhil_H

BigPhil_H Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Exactly as grizzly said.

9. Skywalker

Dislikes Received:
    I work customer service. Spend all day on the phone with customers. Let me just say that the first 5 seconds of a phone call usually gives me an indication of what the end result will be. You treat me right and I will treat you right. If you tell me what I'm going to do, I can guarantee you what I won't do. You talk down to me and I'll do nothing for you. You don't have the necessary information, your probably not going to get my best efforts either. You put me on hold while you talk to someone else after you just called me, well you can bet your not going to get my full attention either. It gets real tiresome when the customers that call can't quickly explain to me what they are needing. I don't need or want your life story and I couldn't care less about your weather. I want to know what your issue is and how I can help you resolve it. If we can get to that in the first few seconds of the phone call, I'm a much happier and flexible customer service rep.

So, yep you are right. Treating the rep properly, knowing how to communicate your problem in a concise and civil way will go a long ways in getting you excellent customer service.

10. No.6Hunter

No.6Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Moultrie Customer Service lol good luck

I had two $200 cameras quit working after 2 seasons (M-80, M-100), there answer for me was 2 refurbished $80 cameras...only one worked when they arrived. I will say my cameras were out of warranty but, you don't ask a customer to send their product back and then send them something totally different to replace it. Yes, I should be thankful but, I didn't spend $400 for 2 years of service

11. GhostRack

GhostRack Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have two of the m80 n two of the m100 as well..both 100's work when they feel like it...i emailed them for another issue n got a reply right away..emailed them twice on m100's not working ..n no reply...always loved moultries in the past...bought two coverts n a stealth jus recently..i find all cams are jus made to die quicker these days..

12. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I've worked in customer service for 7 years now... The golden rule: Treat every caller the way you want to be treated.

13. Skywalker

Dislikes Received:
    Usually the caller sets the tone. Everyone starts with a fresh slate and the caller decided how they get treated! If I'm treated with respect, they will be be. If you start off by chewing me out, don't expect much out of me.

14. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I get what you're saying... But sometimes it just doesn't work that way (at least the company I work for).

When the customer is yelling at you and chewing you out, it's your job as a customer service rep to take it with a grain of salt. That caller isn't upset with you, they are upset at the product/service they are calling about. Even though they are screaming at you... You still need to provide the best service possible.

You get an upset caller on the line and proceed not to give the best customer service you can, it is not helping anything and will make you and the callers experience worse.

Got a little off topic haha... I just got a Moultrie M-880 - I hope I do not need to use their customer service anytime soon. And if I do... I hope it will end up being a great experience!

15. Mckaax

Mckaax Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've always and them go above and beyond for me. I recommend Moultrie.

16. ScentLokSoldierUSA

ScentLokSoldierUSA Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I wish they would replace mine. They told me not to even bother sending it in and tried to sell me the refurbished cameras when my M-80 bit the dust after two years.

17. stratofisher

stratofisher Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Had a 150 panoramic fail. They hooked me up with two new working ones when I sent the bad one back. Pretty impresses with the service.

18. nickster

nickster Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have two moultriem100 cameras that I have already sent back once. I have yet to get a season from them. both are not working again. I will try to get them repaired one more time , but I will be looking at another brand for my next one. good luck