Best bow 2015

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Shane0709, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Shane0709

Shane0709 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    There is no one answer to this question, but if you were going to a bow shop, what bow would YOU buy? It doesnt even need to be a flagship bow for 1300$, just what you like. Its all a matter of opinion. What do you guys think of the mathews no cam vs hoyt nitrum vs bowtech boss/prodigy. What company do you think consistently produces the best quality bows?

2. DD/MO

DD/MO Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I just created this thread. I have no idea how it's going to shoot, but I'm looking forward to trying it. Looks to be a great value bow.

2015 Quest AMP

3. Marauder

Marauder Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    IMHO would buy the Mathews HTR. I shoot the Mission Venture and I really love my bow. The things that I like about the HTR is the smoothness, the quietness, looks, and that it's literally vibration free. I like speed but would rather have a smoother quieter bow and sacrifice some speed. I think the HTR has a really nice grip, rock solid wall, great let off, and I also like the ATA.

To be fair I am a fan of Mathews/Mission so I admit I am bias. However I shot the Creed XS and the Chill R and Blaze last year and did not like them more or even equal than my Venture. I thought how lucky I am to love my bow than 3 newer and more advanced bows than my current bow. But then I tried out the HTR. I shot it next to my bow and I really believe it's a winner! Maybe in a couple seasons when the price comes down a little I'll trade my Venture in but until then I will still be satisfied with my current bow.

Also would like to note that I don't think any bow manufacture makes bad bows anymore. The technology and the competition in the industry is incredibly high right now and I if any of the companies weren't holding their end of the deal they'd be out of business. I think people should buy what they like and what is best suited for their needs, and respect what everyone else shoots. :rock:

4. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hoyt Carbon Spyder ZT is what I would buy. Well, going to to buy it in a few months...lol.

5. Jacob1

Jacob1 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    This should be a good thread.

6. KansasCowboy

KansasCowboy Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Ross Archery's "Headhunter" Bow. I already have the Crave which is super fast and accurate. Shot the Headhunter earlier this year and was so quiet and easy to draw. Love the new Kryptek Camo options as well! I also like to support the local guys if I can. Only $700 so wont break the bank.

HEADHUNTER | Ross Archery

Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
  7. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hoyt is the only real bow company out there right now...or ever really. :evilgrin:

All kidding aside, I really am biased towards Hoyt but I've not shot every bow out there now so can't give an honest or educated opinion on the subject. I love my Carbon Element so I'd be looking at the Spyder first. I really like the looks and design of a lot of the new stuff though.

8. maxpetros

maxpetros Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    For me
    Prime rival
    Hoyt nitrum turbo
    Elite synergy
    Bear arena
    Pse decree
    Bowtech prodigy

Mathews htr

And yes I've shot all these bows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. wisbh

wisbh Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I got a Carbon Spyder 30 last year and I liked it so much that I just bought a new one yesterday. It's smooth, lite, vibration free, holds on target and is extremely forgiving. Of all the bows I've owned in my life, this one is my favorite.

My 2014 is for sale in the for sale thread if anyone is interested. Make me an offer I can't refuse.

10. KjKlump

KjKlump Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm kinda partial to the way hoyts draw.
    Bought a faktor earlier this year, shot some of the new hoyts and nothing really blew me away in respect to what I already have.
    And to be honest I'm feeling stupid for selling my Katera even though it was a little short on the draw.

11. Mathewshooter

Mathewshooter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Xpedition Xcentric 7 for me! My brother brought one over for me to shoot side by side with my Carbon Spyder 34 and 2 shots later I decided to put my CS34 up for sale. I've been shooting bow for close to 35 years and this has to be the best blend of speed, smooth draw and dead in hand that I've ever felt in a bow!

12. Sticknstringarchery

Sticknstringarchery Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Prime Rival

BowTech Prodigy

Elite Victory (I know it's a target bow but, with my 29.5" draw it would be in a stand if I bought it)

Prime Ion

Mathews HTR

Obsession Evolution

Bear Arena

Ben Pearson Marxman (fast enough to hunt with steady enough for all target archery)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. rustyreno

rustyreno Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    In the next few months I am going to be purchasing a new bow. I haven't shot any of the new bows yet but I am very interested in the Elite Synergy, Carbon Spyder ZT, and the Matthews HTR. I am leaning towards the Synergy because I like the whole look and set up, and have been impressed with the Elite 32. So as of right now Elite has my attention.

-Andrew

14. jjs3

jjs3 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I bought the Hoyt CST and ChillR last year, if I buy a new one my wife will kill me. either that, or I buy the new Hoyt Carbon in same patter and she'll never notice :D

15. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    There are a lot of good bows out this year. You really just have to shoot a bunch and decide. I have no plans to buy a new bow but if I was, I would be looking hard at the Bowtech Prodigy, Elite Synergy, or Bear Arena.

16. OHbowhunter

OHbowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hoyt Nitrum turbo Blackout.

17. muzzyman88

muzzyman88 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The best for 2015 will be the one you shoot the best.

Now, if I were to stir the pot a bit.. :)

Petersons, Bowhunting World, etc voted the Bowtech RPM 360 best of the best this past year. The seemed to up the ante again with the Prodigy for 2015. Can't see how it won't spank the rest again... ;-)

18. Mathewshooter

Dislikes Received:
    LOL....isn't that the same magazine that put the pic of the derailed Bowtech in it? After seeing that I would say its rankings, and the magazine as a whole, are a total fail!

19. muzzyman88

muzzyman88 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That was Field & Stream that published that. It was a RPM 360 which from what I gathered didn't have a derail problem like the old first generation Destroyers with the shallow cam groove did.

20. Mathewshooter

Dislikes Received:
    I was just busting balls....shoot what you like. Not every bow is for everyone.