Who uses LW ez hang?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by soccerdan90, Dec 3, 2014.

1. soccerdan90

soccerdan90 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've regretted buying my muddy vantage instead of a LW. No issues with the muddy but I only have 1 mounting bracket so that means I am always using a ratchet strap to secure it. Who uses the easy hang and is it useful?

2. r0scoe

r0scoe Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I was looking into hang-on stands as well and I see that most hangon's only use 1 strap. I dont' feel safe with a single strap so I'm considering a lone wolf to get 2 straps

3. soccerdan90

Dislikes Received:
    My muddy uses the mount and 1 strap. Rock solid stand. I've used stands with only 1 and felt safe but normally will throw a 2nd on just for reassurance.

4. grnhd

grnhd Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I love the EZ hang. To me, its the only way to hang a lone wolf stand. I go up a tree with the stand on my back and the ez hang wrapped around my neck, hang the ez and then hang the stand on it. Easy peasy. Its a lot easier to get the ez hang around the tree than messing with the stand while trying to get a strap around the tree.

5. soccerdan90

Dislikes Received:
    That's figured. I love that about muddys super mount but hate the ratchet strap.

6. tkarrow

tkarrow Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ditto!

7. jemcmichael

jemcmichael Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I bought a couple EZ hang hooks when I both my lone wolf. Haven't used them though. I love the batwing bracket to level off the LW, and honestly the Assault is so easy to hang with the versa button I haven't seen the need for the EZ hang.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

8. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    First time setting a lone wolf this year, I used the ez hang. It was simple, and the stand feels sturdy.

The lone wolf instructions are a bit awkward. They don't say to put the stand strap on with the platform up. I did it anyway as I like the cam lock action of lowering the platform. I have yet to try the knee on the seat and raise the platform with your free foot for the rock solid anchor. Not fully comfortable in it yet :lol:

Strayed a bit off topic, but I will be buying several more and some cheap sticks to leave in different trees so all I need to do is pack in the stand and hang it. I'd rather lose a $30 set of sticks and $15 strap than a $250 stand leaving it in the tree for a quick set up.

9. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    This is exactly how I feel.

10. Swampthing

Swampthing Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

You should not cam-lock (knee on seat) if you are using the EZ hang bracket.

There is never a need to use both straps with a LW/XOP hang on. Either you are using the bottom strap with the EZ hang bracket or the top strap with the batwing.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2014
  11. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I always use both straps on my LW.

12. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I use a EZ hang with a offset bracket. I made a loop out of 550 cord that sticks up off the main post. I use the ez hang hook to hold the tree stand in place. It allows me to work with both hands while I am putting it up instead of trying to hold it in postion with one hand and get the straps on with the other. It's faster and quieter. Once the stand is secure I remove the EZ hang hook.

13. soccerdan90

Dislikes Received:
    That's a good idea! I'm trading my muddy tomorrow for an older LW alpha with footrests. can't wait to see what the rave is about!

14. patinthehat

patinthehat Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Why would you only use the top strap with the batwing? I can understand only having to use the bottom strap with the EZ bracket but with just the batwing, I would think it would be much safer to use both straps.

15. patinthehat

patinthehat Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    dang that's a really good idea. I just bought an alpha and i went outside to a tree in the yard and just standing there tried to hold the stand with one hand and grab the strap with the other. this sounds much easier!

16. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I am glad I can be of some value around here. :p

17. dmen

dmen Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have always only used the ez hang, I will have to play with the off set bracket and see how I like that.

18. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I only got to use my Assault twice but used the EX hang both times. I still used both straps too. It was rock solid.

19. donut757

donut757 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Off set bracket is awesome. I use my alpha during bow season and normally set it up once a day, maybe twice if i dont go to a permanent stand in the AM.

During gun season i set it up 2, and maybe, 3 times a day. There have been a few times that it just did t go on the tree perfect but there was no issue. I couldnt imagine not having it on there. I always use the second strap in the bottom just for peace of mind. It takes 10 seconds to put on there so why not?

As far as cam locking it, its for sure my least favorite part but it makes it rock solid. In pines its not to terribly bad from my experiences, but hardwoods that thing may slip down just a tad more. Make sure u are attached to the tree when locking it out.

20. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You guys cam lock when you are standing on the tree stand platform? That seems like a disaster waiting to happen. I lock it in tight before I ever step foot on the platform. Starting with the platform in the down position. 1. Place top strap on. Doesn't have to be super tight. 2. Place the bottom strap on and cinch it down. 3. Lift platform into folded position. 4. Cinch top and bottom strap. 5. Camlock platform. Rock solid!