Any thoughts on a Diamond Carbon Cure?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by SuperKirby, Dec 2, 2014.

1. SuperKirby

SuperKirby Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hi everyone. I signed up here a few years ago, as I was sure I was going to be getting a bow. Finances and bills being what they are, that never did pan out. I've been a muzzleloader hunter exclusively for the past 10 years or so. It's fun, and I love my muzzleloaders, however these last few years, with the MN muzzleloader season being the first 2 weeks of December, it's been nothing but cold all season and getting to be more work than fun. In the last 7 years I've harvested 2 deer and am starting to lose my appetite for tag soup. i've still been lurking as I find there's a lot of good information here and at least some of the tactics discussed for bowhunting also apply to muzzleloading.
    So, as I said, I was going to get a bow but never did. I've been saying since that I should get one, and looking when I can. With the money I have tied up in muzzleloaders it's hard to justify getting a bow. That said, I was wandering around today while the wife was running some errands, and ended up at Scheels in the archery dept. The guy working there asked if I bowhunted, so I explained my situation. He asked if I'd ever shot a bow, and I told him a couple times a few years ago. So he said tell me what you're looking at and we'll go shoot it if you have time. Ok. I told him right now I had heard good things about he Diamond Carbon Cure and the Hoyt Charger, as well as a PSE they didn't have. He said both were real good bows, the Hoyt being faster and probably better for someone with a little more experience. He said he liked the Diamond. I said of course, it's more expensive. Then he says "well, here's the thing. Manager called this morning and said we have to make some room for the 2015 bows, so the Diamond is on clearance. Want to shoot it?" So I did. And I liked it. It's smooth and felt pretty good. I tried the Charger. It was too big, but he changed the mod and it was more "harsh" I guess. Shot the Diamond again and I liked it a lot. So I asked, "what kind of clearance are we talking?" And he says "it's the last one we have, just the display, so it's $400." And now I have it on hold with the ok from my wife to get it as a Christmas present. I'll still have to wait on arrows and a release, but that's ok. I can get those before it starts to warm up to shoot.
    Before I jump on it, I just want to see if anyone else has any opinions or thoughts on it. It's a great deal I think, but still a lot of money.
    Thanks for the help.
    Vince

2. KjKlump

KjKlump Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Never played with the cure, but it uses bowtechs knight riser.
    We've had 2 diamond's in the stable and didn't have any issues with them.
    I'm not sure what rest is on there but if it's the octane hostage, change it as soon as funds allow.
    It works but the brissels wear really fast and it'll drive you bonkers after abit.
    That said if you shoot the bow well and like it that's all that matters.
    Welcome to the sickness.

3. Aaron Jones

Aaron Jones Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEj9wx24R_8

I always really like this guys reviews of the bows he tests. I have never shot the cure but had another diamond for my first bow. I would agree with kjklump with the rest. I switched out that rest and my accuracy increased. Welcome to the life of bowhunting

4. SuperKirby

Dislikes Received:
    I watched that review a couple times, especially when I first started looking. It seemed pretty informative and he seemed to like it.
    It does have the Octane Hostage rest on it. I like that it's a full containment but when I can afford to I'll likely replace it. It sounds like they wear out pretty quick.
    Any reason to be concerned that it's a demo bow? I asked him and he said it was fine, just had a few more shots on it then a brand new one would, but even at that it's still probably less than a hundred shots. And a big discount.

5. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like you got a nice bow, congratulations.

6. SuperKirby

Dislikes Received:
    I'm going to go get it here in about an hour. Any reason I shouldn't? It's a good price but still a lot of money. I hate to spend it on junk.

7. tkaldahl2000

tkaldahl2000 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have the Carbon Knight, and it is an awesome bow. If the Cure uses the Knight Riser it should be pretty light. I just upgraded to the Carbon Overdrive, but haven't set that one up yet. There are very few "bad" bows out there, so if you got that kind of a deal on a bow that you liked to shoot you have done well.

8. soccerdan90

soccerdan90 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If you shoot it well and like it then you aren't wasting money. You could buy a $1000 bow and if it's not for you then it's junk. Have fun!