Hog hunting

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by RocknMuzzy, Nov 26, 2014.

1. RocknMuzzy

RocknMuzzy Newb

Dislikes Received:
    A buddy of mine and I want to take our boys on a hog hunt this upcoming spring. Wondering if anyone has been on such a hunt that they would recommend for a father and son hunt?

thanks for any input.

2. Broadhead27

Broadhead27 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I don't know where your going to hunt but i'm in FL and that's one of the kinds of hunts I most frequently do. I just went recently and took my little brother for his first hunt. We had a blast. I'd say go for it..Where will you be hunting? public or private property? guided or self guided?

3. Blarney22

Blarney22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds like he is looking for a recommendation

4. RocknMuzzy

RocknMuzzy Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I am looking for recommendations. My main focus is for a fun and hopefully successful youth hunt. Looking for any recommendations that anyone might have had some luck or at least a positive experience in the past. It could be Texas, Florida or anywhere else. I have been doing some research on the internet, but just thought I would throw the question out for those who have done this already.

thanks...

5. c e w

c e w Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hogs are a blast t o hunt. I have had a lot of success P.L. at Cooper W.M.A.. You can walk in or canoe. Went about eight times last year, got hogs all but once. Almost all ways more than one with three hunting. Have heard good things for most all P.L. hunting. This is in north east Texas.

6. Broadhead27

Broadhead27 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I know of two places in Florida that I have gone to. They both have lodging either on the property or nearby. good prices and good guides...I have never left without a hog. Let me know.

7. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If you are going out of your home state, Texas has an easy tag system: $50 non-resident non-game species license. Purchase it OTC at any sporting goods store. No tag or daily bag limit. I live in Arkansas and am hoping to hunt hogs when I visit my brother over Christmas.