Advise?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by kennyg, Nov 15, 2014.

1. kennyg

kennyg Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    My best buck on camera busted me at 16 yards last sunday. I didn't ave my bow in my hand and had a stare down, he won. This was the morning hunt. He is still in his routine, he follows the same path morning and night the past week, including today. I haven't hunted since last sunday. Tonight was my first time back in that stand and was expecting him right before dark. Sure enough, with half hour of light left, I hear him coming. I had the opportunity to get all set before even seeing him. He followed the same path I walked in on along with dragging my Tinks drag, with his nose to the ground. I purposely walked a small loop in front of my stand in case he came in silent so I would see movement and have time to get ready. He followed it to a T. He stopped 4 steps from walking into my clear shooting lane. He hung up there bobbing his head for 3-4 minutes. During this time he looked at me 3 times. I know for fact I was still as could be, as I had at least 7-8 minutes warning. He was behind a large brush tree. After looking at me and posturing, he walked off the other way. This was the same tree he busted me in last sunday. Do you think they remember the spot and equate it to danger? The wind was in my face and he followed my walk in trail so my scent on the ground didn't bother him until 14 yards from my stand. It was the perfect stand for the wind and I was still as could be. My question is, do they remember when they've busted people? I have another stand about 75 yards up the trail closer to the bedding area I can try. I walk past it on the way to this stand.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
  2. maxpetros

maxpetros Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I would just set up about 50 yards down from the current set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. dhd

dhd Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Somewhere in the woods, though, that position may
    They can yes, will they normally? No. If a deer busts you multiple times it will remember, but once? I don't think so. He moght have spooked without blowin/stamping/running off

4. kennyg

kennyg Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah, thanks guys. I guess I kinda answered my own question as I was typing it out.