IWOM vs Heater Body Suit

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Whiskey5, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Whiskey5

Whiskey5 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've been building a new house over late summer and early fall and am finally finding some time to get into the woods.

Being that its looking to be shaping into a cold snowy Minnesota November I'm thinking of adding either a IWOM or Heater Body Suit to my arsenal for the late season here. That being said, I've researched and read numerous reviews about both on both this site and the internet and wanted to a get a few last minute opinions. Most of my stands are smaller sized stands (LW Assault and Smaller) so I'm leaning towards the IWOM at this point because it seems less bulky - that being said am I going to be disappointed with its ability to keep me warm? I prefer the concept of the keeping my arms "inside" like the HBS but also don't like the fact that I have to "shed" it to take a shot. I worry about the overall bulkiness of the HBS and that being a potential issue with the smaller stands I use.

I'm looking for opinions of people that have used both as well as how either work in smaller stands. I'm sure their will be people that swear by their HBS as there will be people that swear by their IWOM.

Thanks in advance any opinions will be much appreciated.

2. AJBowhunter

AJBowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have a HBS and to be honest I was worried about the same stuff too until I used it. Inside the HBS there are straps you cross around your chest, that way when it comes to your shot all you have to do is stick your arms out. Then it kind of falls off of you. Also, I thought I would stick out like a sore thumb on the side of a tree, but I don't. I'm hunting this morning and had a flock of turkeys come in to 10 yards and they never spotted me, as well as my doe I shot at 15 about 2 weeks ago. Finally, I use mine in either my LW Hang Ons or my LW climber no issues. Without a doubt it will be one of the best purchases you will make for hunting apparel, I know I think it is.

Sent from my IPhone 5S.

3. Whiskey5

Whiskey5 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks, appreciate the response. Haven't heard many complaints about the HBS - having said that I haven't heard and can't find as many first hand experiences with the IWOM - I have a feeling their not quite as publicized and not as many people have them. I also don't think that means they're bad either.

4. youngfart

youngfart Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The thing I love about the HBS is it's awesome on a small platform. 90% Of my 45 stands are of the small type and just this morning I was out with my new White Camo I bought a few weeks back. It restricted me with the Bibs making the walk in very time consuming,reason was the bulk of the bibs. I'll go back to the regular camo being my fall stuff and start using the HBS again. I have a hard time with the cold being older with tons of arthritis. That being said I'll just put up with carrying it in. I've yet to be spotted in 3 years using it, the great thing about it is when you open it just place a foot on the middle of the bottom and your set to get in with ease. It comes up easy and the zipper is really quiet and it goes down fast with the questure of your arms spreading out. It doesn't completly make it the same but for the HBS keeping you warm, it's worth every cent. What it does is it allows you to be more observant as to where the deer is cause you can concentrate more on hunting instead of trying to stay warm.

5. Ranbo

Ranbo Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have the IWOM and I too debated between the two. Let me say this I have been using this thing religously for the last two weeks and it is incredible. Its very easy to pack up and unpack, not like packing a big sleeping bag in a small bag. It is very warm and holds up very well in high winds keeping the cold air out. The only negative thing i will say is that it can be loud against a tree so i wrap a shirt around the tree and that fixes that. I had 3 does at 10 yards downwind yesterday and they had no clue i was there. Feel free to message me with anymore questions but trust me for bowhunting this is the ticket and their customer service is fantastic if you have questions.

6. Beehunter

Beehunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    PM sent, with a few additional questions for you. Thanks!