Bad Video

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Muzzy Man, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Muzzy Man

Muzzy Man Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    So I watched a recently posted video on BHC of a guy shooting a really nice buck. The shot was a terrible shot choice to begin with. It was angling to, at a good distance and was probably rushed. He was also not wearing a safety harness in a tree stand. The buck was hit way too far back. Then he put the video of the gut shot deer walking around with an arrow sticking out his guts on here. Not cool, but I don't want to be that guy to poo-poo his post. I know we have all rushed and made bad shot choices and or bad shots. But really, do videos like this belong on here?

2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    If you show video it is honest if you post the good the bad and the ugly. What was the guys catch phrase after he shot?

3. finnshady

finnshady Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I hope it wasn't "Smoked him" lol. In all honesty, those shots happen. Killing something is gruesome in nature, there is going to be blood and guts, and once in a while a gut shot deer.

4. Pro V1

Pro V1 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I was watching a bowhunting show on Friday, (summits high places) or something close to that & the guy "spined" a buck & did the classic "I smoked him" & high fives & all the good stuff. What a ****** bag! I won't watch that show again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Beehunter

Beehunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I am SO sick and tired of seeing the "smoked him" celebration on these hunting shows, that I have all but stopped watching 99% of them. It would be nice to see some of these clowns put a shred of respect back into the sport we know as bowhunting.

Yes......I get just as excited as the next guy when I put a good shot on a deer, but I have enough sense and respect for the animal that I can celebrate my accomplishment without being a "catch phrase fool" about it.

6. Muzzy Man

Dislikes Received:
    It was basically... "so I made a bad shot... at least we found him." I know bad shots happen... this was a bad shot choice. Even that... I get it... But for Pete's sake; edit the video before posting a deer struggling to walk with an arrow hanging out of his belly. We don't need the antis to see that sort of thing.

7. Muzzy Man

Dislikes Received:
    I have spined a few. My immediate concern is getting another arrow in him to finish the job. I have had to get down to finish the job a couple times too. I don't even know what "I smoked him" means with a bow. What'd he shoot a flaming arrow?

8. maxpetros

maxpetros Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Where is the video?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Muzzy Man

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah... But I am trying not to highlight another member in a negative way. I am just hoping to raise our awareness that some vids need more editing. It is a really fabulous buck... posted in the last day or two.