The One You Should Have But Never Saw

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by ruteger, Nov 7, 2014.

1. ruteger

ruteger Guest

-

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2020
  2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I hunt small property so I hunt every other day I have 3 stands but I still try to avoid pressuring the deer. I hunted Friday and Sunday and sure enough Saturday night a buck showed up before dark. The buck I shot this year I shot a half hour after I wanted to climb down, does on the food plot prevented me from leaving

3. Schultzy

Schultzy Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yesterday morning I didn't hunt because I was up till 1:30 in the morning the previous night working. So instead I waited till 1:00 in the afternoon and headed to the stand I was planning on hunting that morning. Just when I was going to climb the tree I heard noise to the east of me and up jumps a chocolate 130's 10 point 30 yards away and runs away and a few seconds later up jumps the doe too and she takes off. There's a good chance I could've shot that buck had I hunted that morning. I'm still pissed about it!!!!

4. purebowhunting

purebowhunting Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Three years ago we had 6" of snow during the rut. Hunted the morning with good action and thought about sitting all day but decided to head in midday to grab something to eat then head back to the same stand. On the way back in the biggest track I've seen to this day walked down our trail following a doe. I'm happy I don't know what it had on its head.

5. ruteger

ruteger Guest

-

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2020
  6. greatwhitehunter3

greatwhitehunter3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yesterday morning...

Opted to hunt the evening instead because it worked better with my work schedule.

7. C0wb0yChris

C0wb0yChris Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I got married on this October 25. I was planning to hunt that morning the since wedding was at 4. Well my fiancée, now wife, was concerned I would be tired after the wedding since I had to wake up early. I agreed i probably would be, so I decided to sleep in. I had time to check the cameras last weekend...wish I hadn't.... I called my wife up and told her that I had something to show her and she would think it was funny. Wouldn't you know it, the buck Id been after for 2 seasons now walked by the exact stand I would have hunted at 7:30am! My stomach is still sick from him. I'm currently in this stand hoping he walks by.

Though she thought it was funny, I'm still glad I wasn't tired for that night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk