2015 mathews

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by maxpetros, Nov 5, 2014.

1. maxpetros

maxpetros Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I had high hopes for this release and was really excited to see what they brought for 2015. Needless to say these are some of the ugliest bows I've ever seen. Not to mention the weight. 5.8 pounds, are they out of their mind!? In conjunction with the fact that they are very slow. Still want to shoot one but I can't imagine getting one.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. maxpetros

Dislikes Received:
    And the price, 1800 dollars?!?!?!

3. Aaron Jones

Aaron Jones Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    And i thought most of the mathews bows were ugly before.... wow. ill have to shoot one before i dog it though. Its either going to be a make or break situation

4. maxpetros

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah I can see it being very smooth but other than that unimpressive.

5. TwoBucks

TwoBucks Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I am unimpressed. Ugly, expensive, and slow. No way am I ever gonna cough up $1923 with tax for a bare bow. That's freakin ridiculous.

6. ShaneB22

ShaneB22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I like the HTR. I'm a hunter so being 4.3lbs and 330 IBO is decent for speed and weight, the bow I currently shoot is 4.3lbs and 340 IBO, I'm not a speed freak so 330 IBO not an issue for me. I think it looks very cool but to each his (or her) own.

7. TwoBucks

Dislikes Received:
    I'm guessing Mathews will sell tons of HTRs and hardly any of the others. The HTR is the faster, better looking, and cheaper bow why would anyone pay near double for the others? Maybe the old models will be cheap now:)

8. ShaneB22

Dislikes Received:
    I think the others cost more because of the extra materials and machining, but then again they're target bows and for some reason target bows seem to cost more than the hunting bows.

9. TwoBucks

Dislikes Received:
    I'm guessing they cost more because they are new and mathews is banking on people buying them because they are new, I'm guessing there is about 40% profit atleast on those

10. maxpetros

Dislikes Received:
    It's not materials, if it was carbon bows would be more expensive (and they are for most all aluminums) the little extra amount of aluminum will not amount to an extra 800.

11. ShaneB22

Dislikes Received:
    Well machining isn't cheap and everything to (most) bow companies is about how much profit you can gain and serious target archers will pay way more for a bow than a regular person just out to shoot or hunt.

12. maxpetros

Dislikes Received:
    Very true but the machining on the hoyt nitrum series is just as complex but it is significantly less.

13. maxpetros

Dislikes Received:
    They're preaching zero nock travel but in the video you can clearly see the d loop rise while in the draw board.

14. ShaneB22

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah I guess that's true, but what bow company hasn't gone crazy with the target bow pricing? Hoyt, PSE, and Mathews and other companies that I can't remember off the top of my head has ridiculous pricing on them, the only cheap target bow is the Mission Rally and there's definitely nothing special about that bow.

15. FullTimeKiller

FullTimeKiller Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Honestly? some of the most terrible lookin bows I've ever seen, I have owned 2. A reezen 7.0 and a z7. Back then I honestly do believe Mathews had the best bows. Since the original z7, there has only been one other Mathews bow I liked and that was the z7 xtreme, which to this day is one of my favourite bows I've ever shot! I've always liked Mathews bows. But are they serious with this '15 release?.. After the z7 I switched to hoyt and had an alphamax 32, I used that til 2012 and now I have my carbon element. Hoyt is in my opinion the best bow company, I'm not saying that because that's what I shoot now, I've owned the bows that I've mentioned and 2 bowtechs. The sentinel which was a long ata bow which was nice to shoot and a admiral. There are awesome bows out now a days, and I am never set on one brand. Every year I shoot as many bows as I can. Because I enjoy it and am always looking to buy a new bow. If there is a bow I like better than the one I currently use I sell my old one and get that. It may be every year or a few years down the road regardless of what company it is. Elite and prime bows have moved up on my list of bows to watch and consider purchasing. Mathews now has ugly, slow, heavy and overpriced bows.. At least they didn't make a bow with super advanced simplicity, haha. Mathews! Change your slogan! You have been caught, and surpased years ago.

16. Cledus

Cledus Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I like the cam system.. I'll wait until I can get my hands on one before I say much of anything though.

17. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I applaud the attempt to simplify things, that's where my praise for it stops. They are heavier than the new "standard" and their performance speed wise looks awful in comparison with everyone elses new lines...besides the poor choice to keep the gridlock design. The Chill and the Z2 look okay. The more aggressive profile of the Z2 is pretty cool looking even with that gridlock riser.

I think Mathews needed a home run and fell short. I think their work on the no-cam designs may be intriguing enough to push further development across the board and innovation is always a good thing.

18. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Not happy. Doesn't look impressive like the other lines being put out right now

19. No.6Hunter

No.6Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Ugly bow, im sure it shoots fine.

20. Jake/PA

Jake/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I am curious to see how the no cam works but other than that nothing else interests me.

Regardless of design, they'll continue to sell a lot of bows because archery is filled with fan boys and it seems like Matthews has more than most.