Stand Location For A North Wind Help!!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by GordysHGH, Oct 29, 2014.

1. GordysHGH

GordysHGH Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hey everyone, i have this piece of property i am able to hunt, and with the weather that's coming, and the North winds for my area, im going to be out as much as i can this weekend to try and harvest my first ever buck! Come monday morning when the shot gun season hits, this land is pretty well pressured to the max by the big local hunt gang that push it 3 times in the week.

As of right now its very low pressured, ive only sat a handful of times in both my stands. The one stand is pretty good for SW winds and ive seen lots of does, and get several pictures of young bucks strolling around at night. The other stand was just randomly put up with not alot of thought going into it by one of my friends.. I would like to get a good stand up for north winds, problem is im not 100% sure on where to put it, so here is a google map of the property.

Yellow stars are my two stands i have set up as of right now, the river runs along the northern part of the property, also the creek which i have in blue. Purple stars are bedding areas that i know about for the most part. Outlined in orange is a very very thick part of the bush almost impossible to walk through.

The red star is a 40' wide massive section of apple trees, and that whole part in the green circle is a ridge that drops down to the river bank and the hawthorn's that are in the brown circle. On the ridge/ field edge , its basically a 80' wide section the flows from the small corn field to the bush to the west. in the middle is a big pond (blue circle). Between the pond and the small corn field ive notice the odd scrap and rub lines and its always filled with tracks. Also the black smudge is a path from corn-soy field.

All the crops listed are still standing. Any help is very appreciated at i am stumped. Only spot i can think of right now is the Green Stars! I aslo have a decoy i may use, as ive always had good luck bringing bucks in this time of year just after shooting hours haha. So please any input is great, thanks!

Attached Files:

2. GordysHGH

GordysHGH Newb

Dislikes Received:
  3. rsmith

rsmith Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If the pic is set up that the top is north and bottom is south I say go for the green dot farthest north, right by apple trees and thick stuff. Maybe move it about 25 yards off the any trail that may be near their that looks like it is a travel path to the corn/beans. But that northern green dot looks like a good spot to me

4. GordysHGH

GordysHGH Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah, sorry should have mentioned, the top is the north, thanks for the input! There is a few bigger trees at the top edge of the ridge would be about a 20 yard shot to the field edge, possibly my spot i will hang a set!