LaCrosse Boots???

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Bootlegger, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone have either pair of these LaCrosse? If so, what do you think? Going to buy me a new pair of boots and like these better than Muck Boots. My feet get cold easy and want a warm pair. The Aerohead say good to -30 so in my feet that's like +30....lol.

Here is the alpaburly 1000gram, I like them too. They say up to -60. Thinking of going with them.

Lacrosse Alphaburly Pro Side Zip 18" Realtree Xtra 1000g Hunting Boots 376017 | eBay

Aerohead
    Lacrosse Aerohead Boots | eBay

Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
  2. nealmccullough

nealmccullough BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    I own both! Just got La Crosse Alphaburly Pro's in 1600g insulation - i have yet to wear in the field. But I was pleased with Aerohead - definitely works, but i'm with you on the cold. Hoping the new 1600's do the trick!

Good luck!

3. iahawk

iahawk Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I just got the aeroheads in 7mm this year. Hasn't been cold yet here but as far as comfort, so far so good.

4. drath

drath Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey iahawk, I'm seriously considering the Aeroheads but I can't decide if I want the 3.5mm or the 7mm. Are your 7mm to hot for 50 degree weather? Do your feet sweat too much if it's not 40 or below? Thanks
    -D

5. iahawk

iahawk Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah. My feet did sweat some. Not as bad as I figured though. My feet are the first to freeze on me though, so I'll happily make the trade off. I'd say if you're going to be hunting mostly in 45-50+ degree weather and walking a lot, the 3.5 is your best option. Otherwise the 7mm isn't bad in a little warmer weather. Just my opinion though.

6. drath

drath Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks, I'll probably go with the 7mm and just keep using my cheap Red Heads for warmer weather.

-D

7. kennyg

kennyg Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have the Alpha Burley 1500 and love them. Buy them a size big so your feet have air around them. I also use spray on deoderant to keep my feet from sweating, seams to do the trick.

8. tptrux

tptrux Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have the LaCrosse Alpha Burley 18" in 800 gram and the only issues I have with them is they're a bit heavy and larger than I'd like (I struggle slipping them in my Summit climber) but they're a great all around water proof boot you can't go wrong with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks guys, I'm deciding on the whether the Aerohead 7mm, and the AlphaBurly 1,000, or 1600 gram ones.

10. SWitchBacKXT

SWitchBacKXT Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have the aeroheads. Best hunting boot Iv ever owned!

11. Tiggie_00

Tiggie_00 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have owned 3 pair of Alphaburly Sports and all three cracked low at the ankles. Also I had issues getting my layers inside and had to wear my think layers out side of the boot. So I ended up getting a pair of LaCrosse Alpha Mudlite. They are scent free, very comfortable to bend and flex at the back of the calf. I even forget they are boots because they feel so nice. Ebays pricing low as 59.95 free shipping size 7

Lacrosse Alpha Mudlite Mossy Oak Infinity Hunting Boots 150067 Authorized Dealer | eBay

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  12. scott4022

scott4022 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    You can't go wrong with Lacrosse
    Love all mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Bowhunter171

Bowhunter171 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That's the only issue I have with them as well. A little hard to climb with them but other than that they're one of my favorite boots

14. HoytHunter831

HoytHunter831 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    LaCrosse are the best out there.

15. WesternMdHardwoods

WesternMdHardwoods Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I bought the Aerohead 3.5mm a few months ago. I have never been able to find a pair of rubber boots that I liked, these on the other hand are not too bad. I have a hard time getting used to the bulkiness of them but they are very comfortable. They almost feel like a big sock once you slip them on and kind of lack ankle support, but then again I think thats just a rubber boot thing?

I will say I am one of the lucky ones and my feet very rarely get cold so I am a hard judge on the warmth of these things other than when I wear them anything above say 60+ my feet and legs are soaking wet with sweat. I have had them out one day when it was 40s and 50s and didnt sweat as bad but still a little too warm for me. I will likely wait until the snow flies to wear them again.

16. SparrowHawk

SparrowHawk Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Lacrosse is the only hunting boot I have ever purchased. From the alphaburly to the aerohead, I have always been extremely happy with their boots. The new Aeroheads rock.