Involve the Youth

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by TheChurchArchers, Oct 18, 2014.

1. TheChurchArchers

TheChurchArchers Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    As a loving father and youth Pastor caring for kids is my passion. This is just a simple post encouraging you to start your kids off young in the outdoors. If you dont have kids yet take a young family member, friend kid, neighbor, etc. hunting and teach them the values of it. Our world needs more mentors and IDK about you but the woods are the best place to make memories and rise kids into become caring, dependant adults. When i started my archery ministry God gave me this scripture

Psalm 127:4-5New American Standard Bible (NASB)
    4 Like arrows in the hand of a warrior,
    So are the children of one’s youth.
    5 How blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them;
    They will not be ashamed
    When they speak with their enemies in the gate.

Building your kids up or any kid in general is pleasing to God, we are giving this wisdom and tools as parents to do so in investing into our kids or those kids that need invest in that dont get it. So i pray for all you outdoorsmen out there invest and God will Bless!! I pray everyone has a Blessed and safe weekend in the woods. Amen

2. Pitman

Pitman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hunting in the edge of a fence row with my son.. he loves deer hunting and I love taking him.

10704169_901784656498677_7286025185803228465_n.jpg

3. TheChurchArchers

Dislikes Received:
    thats what its all about!!

4. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    no kids of my own, and can't get my nephews (12/10) to come out with me. I remember begging my dad to let me go out from the time I was like 5.

The 12yo I'm pretty sure is going to be a :dan: and practically cries when he sees roadkill. The 10yo will shoot a bow with me in the backyard but has no interest at all in actually going into the woods.

Sad.

5. MichiHunter

MichiHunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have a list of kids I've gotta get out this season. Not to mention my own boys. (Me and my youngest are on our way for an afternoon hunt in about an hour)

I also have 3 boys from my little league team, along with their fathers I still have to get out. None of whom can actually shoot, they just want to be out there. They'll sit in a ground blind with my younger boy so they can see what it's all about. It's a start.

I gotta be honest, a couple of these boys really need some Jesus and some hunting in their lives.

6. Pitman

Pitman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    My son will be 3 in January. He practically cries when I go hunting with my climber and dont take him. lol But he still gives me a hug and kiss and tells me "good luck daddy, kill a big one, put it on the wall" lol

7. TheChurchArchers

Dislikes Received:
    Yea me and my dad where either on the water or in the woods every weekend. I've never forget the memories with him and being out in nature. What i'm seeing these days that are making kids just want to sit home is video games, Tv, and just play on there phone doing nothing. I've seen that even though some of them might not get into it at first will in time love it the more they do it. Esp if they kill a deer!!

8. TheChurchArchers

Dislikes Received:
    Thats awesome brother thank you for making time for them. Yea i tell you best time to ministry to someone is either in a boat or a blind haha they cant really go anywhere. Showing Gods love through what we love to do is just the icing on the cake!!

9. JLS

JLS Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Amen brother !!!

I do all I can for youth hunters and not just my own .

We once again this year have a young man coming from Kansas City for our youth firearms season. We also host a youth turkey hunt every spring that has had anywhere from 4-9 kids participate every year . It is a lot of work trying to house , feed ,find guides for , and try to get them all on game but always with the effort .

Anyone that passes up a chance to take a youth hunting ... is missing out on some great life moments .

10. TheChurchArchers

Dislikes Received:
    I love watching anyone kill there first deer, but when a kid does oh man they light up its awesome. 2 years ago took my little brother in law who was 9 at the time. First sit ever killed a spike i think we both like to jump out the stand when he smoked him haha. Yea i have a lease i run in MS 650ac. i take as many kids and there parents hunting as i can while i have it. This is my last year there so i'm trying to focus on getting them all there to hunt.

11. JLS

JLS Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

Yup , I love seeing them have success and the excitement that comes out of them .

Speaking of lighting up ..... my youngest daughter after her first deer :woot:

Attached Files:

12. TheChurchArchers

Dislikes Received:
    thats a awesome first deer wow....my lil bro-in-law spike jeshua1deer.jpg and the neck shot was me the deer tried to get up, he put a good shot i just made the track job easier lol

13. grnhd

grnhd Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I agree 100 %. You mean like this.
    Last winter we doubled.
    [​IMG]
    Or this from a few days ago in ND. He's been doing this trip with me for the past 3 years.
    [​IMG]
    I could post pics the rest of the afternoon.LOL!

14. TheChurchArchers

Dislikes Received:
    Thats awesome...i've have to get into duck hunting one day it just gets in the way of deer season though haha. Not sure i need another expensive passion to dump money into right now either.

15. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I am sitting in a blind right now with my 11 year old daughter. Hopefully she will get a chance at her third deer.

16. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My 13 year old son is sitting in another blind in the next valley with a good friend of mine.

17. Muzzy Man

Muzzy Man Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My boy... growing up too fast and going to college next year. We have had some times together. For those who can't get theirs to go... try a different approach. Tell them you need their help... I got Zach to help me track an 8 pointer once... he was 7 I think... his eyes were as big as saucers when he found it all by himself. He couldn't manage to drag it by himself though. So many great memories.

This was his first deer... a gift I bought at a church auction as a Christmas present. We caught all these stripers about 6 weeks ago after school one day. He said it was one of his best days ever.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 18, 2014
  18. grnhd

grnhd Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Duck hunting is worse than crack! :lol: And its a bigger money pit than deer hunting will ever be.
    If you did get into it you would learn to prioritize. Hunt deer early in the season,afternoons etc. You live in one of the best states for it, LA is the number one duck kill state. I've hunted down there,y'all got the birds.

19. Bowafide

Bowafide Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have a 3 year old boy who loves to "play hunting", he'll have me crawl around as a deer and then he grunts at me and shoots his imaginary bow! Love it. I take him out to the woods all the time just see what we find and he really enjoys it. I am weary about exposing him to my kills though, I guess I'm worried he'll feel sorry for the critter and develop a complex against hunting or something...probably worrying a bit much.

20. Muzzy Man

Muzzy Man Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Use it to explain where a deer's body parts are in relation to his own. "This is a deer's heart... yours is right here."