2015 HOYT CARBON WIDOWMAKER "Sneak Peak"

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Tiggie_00, Oct 13, 2014.

1. Tiggie_00

Tiggie_00 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hello all.. It's Tiggie from ArcheryTalk forums. I am the guy that discovered the non published Hoyt 2014.pdf last year.. So here I am again spreading the word. :) Enjoy!

Hoyt Carbon Widowmaker 2015.jpg

Hoyt Carbon Widowmaker2015.jpg

Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
  2. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  3. Tiggie_00

Tiggie_00 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I came here because the Archery Talk mods keep sending PMs like this. Then when I tell everyone they are messing with me.. They ban me for sharing their pm I just posted. Per forum rules not an offense but they ban me out of spite.. Controlled by Hoyt I think. Geesh..

threat.jpg

4. dmen

dmen Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Archery talk is for homos, everyone knows that. ( I actually go on there for the classifieds or look at deer killed pictures)

5. Tiggie_00

Tiggie_00 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hahaha.... Your right. If you guys are cool here I will post up my 2015 Hoyt Catalog here soon releasing all their bows before they do.. :) hahahaha

6. MichiHunter

MichiHunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Patience is a virtue.

7. maxpetros

maxpetros Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    We're a much smaller forum and I like it that way. After a while you know all the regulars and it's just a bunch of cools guys. And the mods are great here. Welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  9. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    No offense but I tend to agree with them. This information was provided to dealers so they can have a heads up on what's coming down the line in a few weeks. It's sad that they can't keep this under wraps and then guys feel the need to be "the guy" who posts it all over the web. If I was Hoyt I'd be a little crabby too.

And private messages are intended to be just that - private. If a member here started posting my PM's to them about this type of thing I'd take the same action.

FWIW the photos are out now and this isn't the first time I've seen them so the cat is out of the proverbial bag. Taking them down now isn't going to do much good.

10. Tiggie_00

Tiggie_00 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    All good points taken and followed.. :) Maybe that smackdown should have been my first PM from you. :( Sorry I am not here to bow anyone up. I'm a bowhunter like you all.. I guess I will move this 2015 Hoyt Catalog over to Facebook and Youtube and not post it on here.

11. Ztachick

Ztachick Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I can see people getting mad about posting PMs to public. But a tleast its not music or a movie that you are ruining for people. Not like anyone can download the bow and have it ahead of time and hurt sales. Just my $.02. Still a really nice bow though!

12. Tiggie_00

Tiggie_00 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I feel if your saying something in a PM you might feel ashamed for others to know you said? Then maybe you shouldn't be saying it. I posted the Carbon WIDOWMAKER picture on Friday and 3 days passed.. Then low and behold 11:30am today Eastern I get this Private Message 30minutes after Hoyt opens in Salt Lake City Utah. Other forum mods joined in with 3days of conversation too. No issues.. But that Pming mod had it out for me. I guess he put his big boy pants on today.. LOL haha.. Oh well..

13. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Or it's possible someone at Hoyt got wind that their stuff was leaked and asked the Mods at AT to take the post down, which they did. No differently than myself, or any of the mods here, would do if a company asked us to take down leaked information prior to product launch. The mod then sent you a PM telling you not to do it again, to which you responded by calling him out in public an an effort to make him look bad. A simple PM back to him would've sufficed. Apparently you had your big boy pants on that day and wanted to make a scene out of it and got banned.

Allow me to play a sad, sad song for you.

[​IMG]

14. Sticknstringarchery

Sticknstringarchery Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    As an employee (manager) of an archery manufacturer, I would be pretty upset if we were releasing a new product and it was leaked to the general public. Sometimes things get changed last minute and then there is confusion when released or questions that just simply shouldn't have to be answered. Not to mention the amount of money some manufacturers put out for the releases of products to be devalued by individuals who are in a position in which they should be trusted. Although interesting to see it's really not kosher and I can see why you were asked to remove the thread and be banned. I really wouldn't think it would be to harsh to pull your dealership if you are a dealer. That's just my view in it though.

15. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Heaven forbid anyone actually feeds consumer excitement over a product...If these companies want to keep something so hush hush then maybe they should consider not releasing anything to anyone before they are ready for it to be out to the public. Or maybe released by eyes only through reps and no in hand material left.

Personally I think it's kind of stupid to get so anal over it one way or another. It'll be released in a few days anyway. Why they wait so late in the fall to release new models in the first place is silly.

16. Tiggie_00

Tiggie_00 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I just wish Hoyt would work on their grip.. The Mathews focus grip I like a lot and I like how the ChillR had 1 cam with mods of every draw length. Hoyts 1,2 and 3 cam system kinda sucks. I will be shooting a Mathews next year for sure.

17. Tiggie_00

Tiggie_00 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Amen brother !!!!!! Smartest reply I have heard all day. Bows should be release like in April/May. Nothing worse then to goto your local Hoyt dealer get all set up and in Sept.. Whitetail season opens and low and behold the new bows comes out.. Hey! I just bought this and now its old new and nobody wants it. But I own it ! .. hahaha. I know a Hoyt dealer and they share with me that they carry Hoyt for 1 reason. It brings people in the door and then they sell them a Mathews.. LOL

18. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    How about making your post about the bow, info ect ect ...and leaving your dirty laundry from AT over at AT....it may a shocker but no one but you cares about it.

Thanks for the pictures of the fugly Hoyt though...guess we see what they release tomorrow....

19. maxpetros

Dislikes Received:
    Having 3 different cams sizes will allow the most efficient use of the cams at all draw lengths without going to a DL specific bow.

20. maxpetros

Dislikes Received:
    And I agree I am really going to be looking at mathews this year.