Pro Staff

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by WKYwhitetail, Oct 9, 2014.

1. WKYwhitetail

WKYwhitetail Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey hunters.. just wondering who on this website is on some kind of pro staff team? I love hunting and tracking and outdoors, and would like to know more about the pro staff opportunities. I used to coach high school and middle school football and recently gave it up and just looking for something to do with free time. Where do you find out about pro staff opportunities? and requirements? Just wondering.. any info would be a help!

2. ISiman/OH

ISiman/OH Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Siman Brothers Outdoors :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    How does one become a part of your pro staff? I can get free stuff after I join right? :lol:

4. Backcountry

Backcountry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Free Busch light and hugs whenever Aaron Rodgers throws for a TD.

OP, you need to contact companies you wish to Prostaff for. You will likely be required to attend several outdoor shows a year as well as other community events.

5. Silent Assassin

Silent Assassin Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I rep for 12 companies. Get your name out, rep the brand you actually use and believe in and get noticed. Good luck.

6. 60X Custom Strings

60X Custom Strings Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    As a product manufacturer we look for shooters/hunters who can actively promote our products. Too many people are just looking for handouts and don't want to do anything in return.

7. Backcountry

Backcountry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    This exactly!

8. Silent Assassin

Dislikes Received:
    Very true. Most think it's about them when it should be about the company and the products.

9. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I was in your position 4 years ago my retirement gift to myself was bow hunting just relax and enjoy the hunt and the time to do it

10. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Pro staff sounds like a sucky job...when hunting turns into a job I'll quit. I have enough on my plate as it is. :lol:

11. Silent Assassin

Dislikes Received:
    I love it! Doesn't suck at all. It's fun and networking at its finest. You get to know people out there that you don't usually do when one are not on a pro staff roster. Some people in general look at life half glass empty or half full. To each own.

12. WKYwhitetail

WKYwhitetail Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys,
    .... Replying a year later haha. Very good input on the post. No I am not looking for the handouts lol I am genuinely interested in learning more. I have since posting got involved in the Real Estate industry and am not sure how much available time I have anymore... so I may just need to stick to the Hobby side of hunting
    Thanks again

13. 130Woodman

130Woodman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Since you are pro staff for someone shouldn't you have something about it in your signature? You are supposed to be pushing product.

14. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
  15. No.6Hunter

No.6Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    ask around, I am fieldstaff for a few companies and receive a small discount on the products they promote. A lot of companies will place you on a field staff before a prostaff to make sure you aren't just there for the freebies and the quick spot light. If you are dedicated and you are willing to work hard to help promote for them, they will help you out in return. Ive been asked to turn in a shooters resume before, I just sent pictures of dead deer lol

16. Silent Assassin

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like Tapatalk won't let me from my phone.

I promote tons on several social medias. I represent for over 15 companies and have my own hunting tv show. I promote mostly on FB. Millions of folks are on FB more than forum.

Beside that, not a lot of forum members like to see members pushing products on here.

17. ShaneB22

ShaneB22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Go to settings and then edit your signature on the left hand side of the screen. What phone do you have? I can do it from mine.

18. Lady Liberty

Lady Liberty Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I pro-staff for Deaux Girl (which is a scent free/scent control makeup/shampoo/body spray, etc.) and I am Hunt Staff for Prois (Ladies Hunting/Shooting apparel). LOVE both companies and believe in the products 100%. What you have to understand is that...

the "pro" in Pro-staff stands for PROMOTIONAL not PROFESSIONAL. You are nothing special per se, except someone who loves the product and is willing to PROMOTE said product for whatever considerations... many folks do not understand this.

I LOVE those companies and I want to see them succeed for selfish reasons... they are AWESOME and they have product exclusive to the ladies. I am happy to spread the word and lend a hand in building their success. THAT'S what being a pro-staff means... it isn't about "you". So keep this in mind because every company has their requirements and it's sometimes on "your dime, your time."

Good Luck and Happy Hunting!

19. Bear77

Bear77 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have been "pro-staff" for several people. I love to film and if someone can use it, all the better for them. I do receive benefits in return on occasion, but I definitely put more money and energy in than I get in return. As for much as those that promote on facebook all the time, most anyone I know and I quickly delete them as friends, due to it is so Annoying!!!!!!!!!! I am friends with past producers and even they have learned they can promote too much. Word to the wise it is very annoying, it may look good to you and your companies, but most people will start to overlook what you post.

20. Silent Assassin

Dislikes Received:
    I do not promote everyday and I agree, doing it everyday is very annoying. I balance my posts with other things and life in general.

I do see newbies thinking, Pro Staff means professional staff and also freebies. Most of time, is not a freebies. A lot of em just want hand outs. It is about the company, not the person.