Could use some game planning help

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by PiN 'eM & STiCK 'Em, Oct 6, 2014.

1. PiN 'eM & STiCK 'Em

PiN 'eM & STiCK 'Em Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So i pulled the card from this cam today and found that two of my target bucks are frequenting this back corner of the crop field, the one below is finally after about 2 months of nothing but night pics, hitting this area in broad daylight to freshen up a scrape ive been keeping active with a doe estrus bomb and dominant buck urine when i enter/leave the stand from hunting.

For those that have had success with using scrapes, any advice you could lend would be appreciated. Ive read bucks are usually on a 3 day rotation to areas? Any truth to that? Just started implementing using scrapes to draw bucks during the day time so any experiences youve had using this method are welcome.

Having just hunted there this evening i was planning on letting the area "sit" for a couple days, but with him in there int eh day time, and another buck in there right before sunrise, i almost want to get a bit more aggressive. Again, any thoughts or experience is welcome!

Attached Files:

2. Hoyt23

Hoyt23 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I saw if you have good entry and exit routes and the wind is right, go for it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. BukFvr21

BukFvr21 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    ^^^^This all day^^^^

4. JakeD

JakeD Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yep. Agree with the other guys. Be aggressive, but be smart. If he is in broad daylight it's time to kill him.

5. rsmith

rsmith Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just do what the others have already said, if good wind and good scent control than hunt it! But lay off the doe with estrus and buck urine, way to early in my opinion, dominate bucks and mature deer know better that a doe isn't in estrus right now. Keep those scents away and just hunt it with good wind and good scent control

6. PiN 'eM & STiCK 'Em

Dislikes Received:
    Down here in Florida the rut is on, it comes in early here, had the young bucks running a doe all over the cornfield on the 8th, there is a doe estrus Pee On A Limb scent dispenser in the tree over the scrape in these pics, on both the 5th and here on the 7th.
    I pulled these pics from the card on the morning of the 8th as i walked into that stand, i was sick about it, i was goin to hunt there that morning but didnt like the wind situation, but for the route he came in i would have been fine. Back after him Sunday, hopefully the window hasnt closed.

10685325_528283597306637_7987687033517511451_n.jpg IMAG1125.jpg IMAG1124.jpg IMAG1123.jpg

7. NY Bowhunter

NY Bowhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    IMO I'd be aggressive and hunt (like others said) when the wind is right and good scent control. I have a similar situation with a stud I almost had on opening day. Lot of night pics leading up to season then started getting some daytime pics. My problem is it's been a south wind since the 1st. Tonight is finally NW... guess where I'll be?:rock:

8. PiN 'eM & STiCK 'Em

Dislikes Received:
    GO GET HIM!! Im stuck waiting til Sunday