Anyone use Base camp leasing?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by TheChurchArchers, Oct 5, 2014.

1. TheChurchArchers

TheChurchArchers Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Signed up on the base camp leasing site to maybe look for a lease next year to start in kansas, or missouri. Whats your imput on leasing like this does it work? Whats the loopholes in leasing farms? Some pricing just seems to good to be true to me. Really want to hunt up around these places more without spending butt loads of money. Only reason for leasing is mainly because i bring my wife and kids everywhere and these places offer camping on most places.

2. sbreen

sbreen Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Have you looked into the public walk in lands. I am looking at starting that next year I was to late for the draw this year. I've looked into the BCL and I think I will try the public land first. I'm live in Louisiana.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Your paying a premium for the service, however if you saving travel and leg work it may pay to use them. Generally they mark up the lease to cover commission....which is only fair considering the service they provide. Keep in mind they work for the lessor not the lease.

4. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Some pricing seems to good to be true? What is this you speak of? I have never known this to be true. Personally I despise sites like this and believe it is overall bad for the sport. Why pay a middle man when you can do some extra leg work and find leases for less than half the price.

5. trial153

Dislikes Received:
    Not that you have reason too, but lets say you wanted to lease land in NY and I wanted to, can you tell me what if any way is feasible time wise or money to " do the leg work" as say. Unless your leasing within a short distance or a days drive most likely its pays to use a middle man, for people with out a network of friends to help them in an area...some one has to do the leg work like you said.....

Maybe I will run into you in KS...Nov isnt coming quick enough.....

6. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Craigslist list can be your friend. Pick the area you want to hunt . Put an add out to for lease wanted. Alternately I'd recommend you place an add for an avid hunter to do your leg work for you and maintain your lease in exchange for allowing him to hunt at no charge. Within the agreement you can make arrangements for him to establish food plots, place stands, feeders, run trail cams for you etc..... Hunting forums are a good resource as well. :p An alternative would be to contact local pro-shops and pay them a finders fee. Same can be said for the local Farmer's COOP.. And lastly a lot of rural communities have swap shop message boards.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
  7. trial153

Dislikes Received:
    Don't all these things take time? Time that either your not being compensated for or someone else isn't being compensated.

The fact is when you factor in the time and effort it take to secure the lease, having a paid middle man is cost effective for a lot of people.

8. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'd disagree. Having someone local setup your lease and maintain it is worth its weight in gold. To show up a week or two a year to hunt without any prep work or intel is ludicrous. Personally I have more time then money however to each their own. If you could save 25-50% and have the benefit of a managed property then why wouldn't you do it?

9. TheChurchArchers

Dislikes Received:
    no i havent where do i go to look into that?

10. TheChurchArchers

Dislikes Received:
    Maybe I will run into you in KS...Nov isnt coming quick enough.....[/QUOTE]

We will be hunting in sedan my friend has been there for 3 years and they have killed some good deer on it. How far are you from there?