Question about scent

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by dstever66, Sep 30, 2014.

1. dstever66

dstever66 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I was thinking about using Tinks Hot Shot spray turnip green, sweet weed, or persimmon but i was just wondering could this spook deer if they are not use to these scents?

2. Adamant2010

Adamant2010 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It can spook deer...I have used scents before and some deer go right to it...others avoid it like the plague...but if its a food scent your odds are probably better then if it was a urine scent, again depends on the deer.

3. BigPhil_H

BigPhil_H Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have the persimmon spray and have used it probably 3-4 hunts. Sometimes I spray it on some leaves around my stand, sometimes on corn or apples or just in the wind while I'm in the tree. So far, it has not proved itself to me and unless something good happens with the last half of this can, I will not buy it again

4. stem2sternum

stem2sternum Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I am a firm believer in scent free. If anything i might add a fresh earth scent waver to my hat or something but thats about it

5. MNBowBender

MNBowBender Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Tink's Doe P works well if your wind is not perfect but its right on the hinge of being wrong for a certain stand. I would say using the Doe P for more of a cover than an attractant is the best way to use it.