My season this year

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by mikerock85, Sep 27, 2014.

1. mikerock85

mikerock85 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]
    Well boys this is how long I have till I hit the woods... this season will be alittle different! I have decided to dedicate my whole hunting season to my cuisin who just past on weds night. He has been suffering from sarcoma and he finally gave up on the kemo treatments... his dad is a big hunter and I actually got him into bowhunting within the last few years but he never had the chance to get out so this year I told him my season is for your son and he started to cry and said this year will be different as he said he wants to hunt hard with me... so this year here is my plan
    [​IMG]
    I have had all kinds of stickers and awareness decals made up and will be dressing my bow up in honor of his name... once I have my bow done ill post a pic of it as well as keep this post up to date throughout my season! He was a great guy and will be missed dearly.... RIP cuz... this ones for you!

2. Lung Buster

Lung Buster Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I hope you have the best season ever!! Good luck and sorry for your loss!

3. mikerock85

Dislikes Received:
    Oh man can't wait

Attached Files:

4. frantzracing0

frantzracing0 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Give it hell man. Im sorry to hear about your cousin

5. mikerock85

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks man gonna do my best to nail a big one for him

6. Itswhatwedooutdoors6

Itswhatwedooutdoors6 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    You are doing a great thing sir. The big man upstairs im sure will be watching over you this season:tu:

7. frantzracing0

frantzracing0 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just remember, even if you dont let a single arrow fly, the biggest gift is the beauty of it all. Enjoy every min of it, you will be in the company of your cousin and our lord and savior

8. mikerock85

Dislikes Received:
    Absolutely RIGHT!

9. tkaldahl2000

tkaldahl2000 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry for your loss. I hope you have a blessed season to commemorate your cousin.

10. mikerock85

Dislikes Received:
    Well Boy's woke up this morning to rain and a absolutely wet morning... so the weather is supposed to stay pretty cool the rest of the day low 60's and supposed to clear up this afternoon... planning on hitting the stand around 1230 1 o'clock as i have a lot of pictures on the trail camera around 2 pm on... this will be my first hunt of the year and am really excited for it! lets just hope it clears up for me. hoping to take a doe early season for some jerky snacks for the rest of the season! Good luck to me!

11. PinkPony

PinkPony Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck. Hope the rain holds off!

12. mikerock85

Dislikes Received:
    Well I finally made it up and in my stand and it feels like its going to be a prefect evening as the leaves are dropping rain let up and the deer are already up on there feet after the rain... I was alittle supprize to find my camera on the floor as a bear ripped it off a tree again! Bastard... better not come back my way ill shaft his ***... but this day just started my hunt for the year in memory of my cuz... miss ya man[​IMG]

13. Keith Mako

Keith Mako Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry for your loss I know he is with you. Your year will be great. Remember he no longer suffers and is with our savior watching over us. Peace and love to the hearts of you and your family God bless

14. grommel

grommel Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Very sorry for your loss my NY brother. Have an amazing season, be safe and God Bless!

15. mikerock85

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks guys means so much to me and my family... good luck to you this season...

16. mikerock85

Dislikes Received:
    Well I went put yesterday in the afternoon and this morning no luck yet... had 2 does sneak in on me at last light and saw nothing this morning prolly the rainy weather had them bed up but hey it was opening day I just had to get out... tomorrow should be good cool and party cloudy with sun... pressure will be low and the deer should definitely get up and move... planning on getting out to the stand in the afternoon...

17. mikerock85

Dislikes Received:
    well its a nice cool day supposed to stay in the 50's and deer movement should be good this afternoon... planning on heading out to the stand around 2... i just gained access to 50 acres upstate in Norwich NY and went up there sat to Sunday scouting around... deer sign all over and actually i found some really nice rubs and also was pretty supprized to already find a few scrapes... seems a little early but talked to a few guys up there around the surrounding properties and they said the pre rut and rut always comes a little earlier then down state.... must be the colder weather and that... the leaves were already dropped mostly and different colors rather than down by me where its pretty much still green.! planning on hunting up there next week end as well as checking a few cams i have hung... property belongs to my uncle which is the father of my cuz whom just past... he saidto me that on friday night, hes seen some monsters in his back field running around... but he showed me some trees from last year with some insane rubs.... at least 10 ins around that look like a beaver chewed a 1/4 of the way through and about 4 to 5 feet off the ground but they are bucks... im so pumped to head up there now for next weekends hunt... his neighbors said that there are a few monsters that are at least 7 to 8 years in age running around the properties around my uncles... which they said they never had the chance at! but none of them bowhunt just riffle. i told them there nuts id be out there everyday during bow and riffle! but we'll see what happens... would be pretty cool to bag one of them on my cuz's fathers property and have it hang up in his cabin in honor him!

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  18. mikerock85

Dislikes Received:
    Uggg freaking work sucks... when am I gonna get back out I almost got a big 8pt yesterday... well with the truck that is... lol