Morning or Afternoon? (bucks vid)

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Worzeth, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Worzeth

Worzeth Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Only 14 days until the Michigan opening day of bow season. I've had these two bucks coming to my bait pile on a regular basis since about Aug 8th. They come together and most the time its in the morning between 6:50am and 7:30am or 1 hour after dark like in this video. They have been hitting the bait in the morning like I said about once every 2 or 3 days. I know a lot of people say not to hunt the mornings in the early season. But that's been the only time I've had them on camera during shooting hours. Would you sneak in and hunt mornings to have a shot or stick with the plan and wait it out hoping to see them in the afternoon?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  2. Nocturnal Machinist

Nocturnal Machinist Newb

Dislikes Received:
    If you still have them on a daylight pattern come opening day, by all means shoot them in the morning! As October passes and we get closer to the rut, you may never see them again, day or night.

3. kb1785

kb1785 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I agree, hunt them in the morning if that is the pattern. I have shot an early season buck 1 hour after daybreak after I had patterned him on a trail.

4. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Then "a lot of people" would be wrong. There are lots of morning kills every year to prove it. I don't know that a season that starts in 14 days is pertinent for consideration as "early season" anyway. Just slip into ninja mode and get'er done!:ninja:

5. Lung Buster

Lung Buster Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have killed more deer in the mornings early season then the afternoons!! You have to hunt them when they are there!! Just make sure you hunt the wind!