Best bow hunting clothing

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by GordysHGH, Sep 7, 2014.

1. GordysHGH

GordysHGH Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Im in search of a good set of camo, just wondering what everyone recommends? Definetly has to be fabric that does not attract burs! and good for cool temperatures? Any suggestion?

2. frantzracing0

frantzracing0 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I really like the underarmour clothing. But, after my older set was used up I couldnt afford anymore so I went with scentlok whitetail elite clothing and have zero complaints

3. Jacob1

Jacob1 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well my camo from walmart works the same as my under armour camo. I will never spend that kind of money on camo ever again.

4. rsmith

rsmith Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Whatever walmart has on sale, it is still realtree pattern which is the same as anything else just cheaper priced. They actually have some good stuff at Wally World

5. srtiek

srtiek Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    in reality you don't need camo for deer hunting. blue jeans/shirt with some boots will do just fine.

6. Afflicted

Afflicted Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sitka clothing is the best IMO but you pay for it.

7. gltomp

gltomp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The BEST bow-hunting clothing is something SOFT and QUIET :bow:

8. Chris1982

Chris1982 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    A friend of mine ran into realtree's Bill Jordan buying camo at Walmart in Georgia last year. Just something to think about when you think you have to use the high dollar stuff.

9. TheHardWoods913

TheHardWoods913 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    ^THIS! And with that being said, GAMEHIDE makes some awesome stuff. I love all my stuff from them!

10. RugerRedbone

RugerRedbone Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I typically buy cheap stuff and it lasts a long time. The only clothing I spend money on is gloves and boots. If I can keep my fingers and feet warm the rest of me is ok.

11. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sitka, First Lite, Kuiu, kryptek just to name a few all make good line of clothing, depending on the type of hunting your planning

12. GordysHGH

GordysHGH Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome thanks for the help everyone, and i only deer hunt and bow hunt as of now..

13. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    This is one thing I'm willing to spend money on. Being comfortable is important to me and keeps me in the stand longer. If money is no object and you want the best, the older Wolfskin material from Gray Wolf Woolens was the best I've found......but it is expensive. I still have several garments made from it in Predator Brown and Predator Green and they are amazing.

I also have some of the newer Wolfskin material garments from GWW and I'm really not impressed with it for the money. It picks up burrs, will pull if you get in the briars, and isn't as wind proof. The only benefit is that it won't tear as easily if you get hung on a fence and won't tear the crotch out if you do a lot of extreme movement and hiking in them. Overall I don't feel it's a better fabric than the Adrenalin or High Plains fabrics from Predator, and those items are a LOT less money. I'll most likely be looking at these lines from Predator in the future or maybe I'll revisit some of the ASAT and First Lite options.

Another thought on really good camo options......it's not as trendy or cool but the Microtex camo options sold by Cabelas is nearly identical fabric when compared to the old Wolfskin fabric from Gray Wolf Woolens. The only downside is there are no open pattern options, you are stuck with either "designer" camo options, the new Zonz camo from Cabelas, or their Outfitter Camo. I kinda like their Outfitter camo though and will likely pick up a set of this stuff in the future. For the money it's really a great garment.

14. Wiscohunter

Wiscohunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    With all the free clothes Bill Jordan must get it kind of makes me wonder why he was even there buying camo at all. You would think he just has boxes of it.

15. Chris1982

Chris1982 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I thought the same thing, but he had pictures with him, and Bill Jordan was just there as a walmart customer, not some promotion or anything. I would guess that he might just do that occasionally to see first-hand what customers are looking for.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
  16. bamerslamer50!

bamerslamer50! Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I buy stuff from Wal-Mart and cheap deals on eBay. Was them inside out with unscented antifade detergent to keep them from fading as fast. Air dry when possible. Just my 2 cents. Good luck this season.

17. davidingle

davidingle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have under armor but only cause I worked at ****s sporting goods and got a pretty good discount on it.. If I hadn't have got the discount I would be at walmart. It all looks the same to the deer

18. KansasCowboy

KansasCowboy Newb

Dislikes Received:
  19. Swampthing

Swampthing Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    There's really no need to spend a lot of money on early season camo.

But when the temps drop the answer is Gray Wolf Woolens.

20. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Asking about hunting clothes is almost as bad as asking about broadheads or bow brands. Everybody has an opinion and is convinced theirs is the best LOL. I have both UnderArmour and Scent-Blocker clothes, plus some Cabela's ECWCS fleece base layers. I buy on how something fits more than brand name or price. I am very particular to how hunting garments fit me. I am built kind of weird as an ex-power lifter so my chest/arms/thighs make finding things that fit but aren't super baggy very difficult. I am not trying to brag and act all buff, I am far from that anymore. That's what makes me weird shaped LOL.