Bushnell or cuddeback?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Wolfie, Sep 1, 2014.

1. Wolfie

Wolfie Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Own a few trophy cams with great luck but wanted to try something different looking at a cuddeback longrange ir any thought? Never dealt with cuddeback

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I had one so many years ago it's barely worth mentioning. I wasn't impressed with it at all. It ended up dieing on me and I wasn't sad. I would expect the new ones to be a lot better, all cameras pretty much sucked back then. :lol:

Lots of really great cams out there now though...lots! Good luck!

3. Western MA Hunter

Western MA Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have had great luck with my Cuddeback's. The Capture Line previously and now I use the Attack's. I have had bad luck with some other lines of camera, but have never used the Bushnells.

4. bowhunter42

bowhunter42 BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    Ive got 22 cuddebacks and theyre all junk. A few years old and they quit working and they have the worst customer service of all time. Lady actually yelled at me because she was going to charge me new camera price to repair the old ones. I told them to keep the worthless things but they showed back up and now they sit in a box in the barn. I have great luck with the new stealth cams. Theyre better and alot cheaper than my reconyx's even. Very impressed with the g series this year

5. fakto30

fakto30 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have a cuddeback still and haven't had any problems with it. Actually had two but a bear tore my other one up. I also have two browning cameras that I like better then my cuddeback.

6. Art

Art Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Really like the E2 that I have, the pics are good but nothing outstanding, what really sets it apart from other cams is all the different settings that it can be setup on.

7. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've only ever had one and had bad luck with it. That about about two years ago though. I've since went to Covert with much better luck. The new stealth cams are nice too.

8. Mo Bow Hunter

Mo Bow Hunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have a new long range ir. I have only pulled the cards once but so far so good.

9. Junior

Junior Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Had four cuddebacks and picture aren't bad but all of a sudden this year 3 of the 4 stopped working! It was crazy like some program timer went off and ceased action. Great website for trail cam info is called ChasinGame.com Pretty much all these people do is test different trail cams...battery life, trigger speed distance, etc etc etc. Great resource!

10. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Unless Cudde has improved their sensing area, they're really not worth much. For years they advertised that "Centered Subject Technology." That was just another way of saying that unless the subject was directly in front of the camera, and very close, it didn't take a pic. I don't care how fast a camera is, if it can't "see" the target with it's sensor, it will not trigger. At one time they had the smallest sensing area of any of the cams. I don't know about the current models, I hope they have improved that problem. Here's an example of how bad they were. I had a very cheap Stealthcam several years ago and I placed it on the same tree with the Cudde Capture. The Stealthcam captured over 3x more pics than the Cudde. I also own a Bushnell Trophycam. It has been very reliable and their customer service is great. Add to that the two year warranty they offer and you are golden.

Blessings.........Pastorjim

11. Art

Art Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  12. bgusty

bgusty Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have 2 of the trophy cams, both about 3-4 years old. One stopped working and one takes weirdly colored day photos. Just sent them in to customer service for repair. Other than that I have been very happy with them so far. I picked up one Covert recently and the day pics have been amazing, but the night pics definitely have left something to be desired (granted it's only been one card pull). Getting a moultrie next week from a buddy to try that out. So far the best has been the Bushnell. Will update after this weekend when I get another pull on that Covert.

13. Art

Art Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I believe bushnell put their warranty back down to 1 year. Price increase and reportedly really bad night pics is why I tried a different camera.

14. frantzracing0

frantzracing0 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have had horrible experience with cuddeback as well. I had 4 of the capture cams and none of them worked after a season in the field. 2 leaked and were ruined, and the other two just stopped turning on. I called CS and was told it was my fault because I must not have screwed them closed tight enough. JUNK JUNK JUNK

That said, I have an old bushnell that is honestly 12 years old. So old it only takes a 1gb or smaller card. This damn camera wont quit. Every year I get hundreds of pics on this camera and it just keeps ticking.

15. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm done with bushnell. Customer service sucks. I've had bushnell, moultrie, and wildgame cams... maybe a few more. I'll never use a stealth cam (brother had one, so much junk). I'll never buy another bushnell product (binos messed up and they wouldn't warranty).

I've never had a cuddeback. however, given the choice between the 2, I'd go with them.

If it were my money... I'd go buy a cheap wildgame cam.

16. Page

Page Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have owned 1 Cudde, 1 Bushnell, 1 Covert, 1 Primos and now a Stealth. Out of them all the Cudde Capture took the best pictures day and night HANDS DOWN. Unfortunately it only lasted 3 years and had trouble with CS... good luck