Hunting alone vs Hunting with a partner

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Jimmany, Sep 1, 2014.

?

Hunting alone vs Hunting with a partner

1. Hunting alone

15 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. Hunting with a partner

25 vote(s)
    62.5%
  1. Jimmany

Jimmany Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I just had to do it.

Which do you prefer?

2. patinthehat

patinthehat Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I try to hunt with a partner when I can. And by that I mean I try to swing it so one of the club members is down hunting when I am. We have some property way out in the sticks so having a 2nd set of hands whether to track, load a deer, or to help if you get hurt is always nice.

3. frenchbritt123

frenchbritt123 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I usually bowhunt with my Dad. If he is not out with me, he at least knows where I am.

4. SCFox

SCFox Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Each day brings something different for me. I can enjoy both equally, given the circumstances.

SCFox

5. MOGC

MOGC Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I enjoy time on my own but really love hunting with my dad and son. If not hunting with dad or my son then I will hunt alone before going with anyone else.

6. gltomp

gltomp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Depends on the partner... :evilgrin:

7. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I voted with a partner as I would hate to never hunt with my brother or nephews again, but I love to hunt alone as welll. I get alot of PTO so I have many days I am solo....

8. mab

mab Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    As I am color blind, it is tough for me to track. Also, I don't care how many times you have climbed a tree, I don't care how 'careful' you are, things happen. If I needed help for any reason, I would have someone else with me. Personally, I love to hunt alone. Let's face it, not many hunt the 'same' way you do. I tend to do things my way. I don't like being disturbed. Unfortunately, I hunt public land. So, I have to drive to my hunting area. If someone goes with me, they might want to either leave early or stay later than I want to. It kind of goes both ways with me.

9. sycamoretwitch

sycamoretwitch Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I enjoy the entire process more when a friend and or my dad is part of it with me.

I probably hunt more alone than I do with friends and that is fine with me. I don't enjoy it any less by myself. However id I had to pick it would be with a partner.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
  10. Lastoneout

Lastoneout Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I hunt alone 90% of the time, but I do enjoy hunting with a partner or too. It makes for great memories and can be a blast !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. rsf31tmp

rsf31tmp Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I love hunting with someone, but 90% of the time I am on my own. I have some good places and would love to share them. But usually I am alone

12. joshua.waymire.1

joshua.waymire.1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm usually with my dad or alone. I enjoy my alone time however I prefer to hunt with my dad just because its a great experience and we always have an awesome time.

13. youngfart

youngfart Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I prefer alone
    Just because of the work I put into it, can't stand when another comes and isin't as careful with every little thing I am. Typically I love it when I bring an out of country guy into the fold and I can put them onto a good deer,or an out of Province guy . I love to watch them smile and really take in the country when there here for a short time. Not every hunter get's the chance to have the opportunity at a 150+-buck. I'm blessed to have lots of them around me.

14. semper

semper Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm actually always trying to get my wife to go with me. I put in a ground blind the other day and got it all set up with some hope.

15. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I hunt alone about 60% of the time. I like it when one of my two hunting buddies come over to hunt. Just makes it more fun to me. I don't mind hunting alone either.

16. mikerock85

mikerock85 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I hunt alot on my own... just mainly do to i really don't have many people to go with anymore... but when i did hunt with a partner it was great and less boring when your sitting up in a tree all day not seeing anything... plus if you needed help your partners there for ya... when i hunted with my buddies too more chance someone is to get one... once... we doubled on 2 great bucks and it was a great victory day for us!

17. PinkPony

PinkPony Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I chose hunting with a partner, as I do enjoy knowing someone is out in the woods with me even though we're probably no where close.

Unfortunately, this year it looks like it'll just be me most of the time.

18. Chris1982

Chris1982 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I chose hunting alone because that's what I do when I want to end up with a dead deer in the back of my truck. The only time I hunt with a partner is when I take one of my daughters out and that is more focused on teaching them about the woods and having fun, not so much on killing deer.

19. Bowhunter0132

Bowhunter0132 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I almost always hunt with a buddy. He goes in his stand, I am in mine, but we know where the other is. Safety, tracking, loading deer.. it is a huge help to the other to have a buddy. He is great at seeing disturbance of leaves/dirt when tracking, I can find a speck of blood on red leaves.. so we compliment each other's tracking skills. We both have our cell phones on us, plus, we are in 2 way radio contact thru out the hunt. There has been many times where we warned the other that deer are heading their way. In some instances, the other probably wouldn't have seen the deer or would have been surprised by a sneaky deer. Several times where 1 of us hit a deer and gotten a radio call that the deer ran by the other or, in the best cases, the deer went down in sight of the other and no need to track. I rarely hunt alone, but when I do, I make sure my buddy knows where I am hunting. Hard to call the wife and say "I'm in the woods and just broke my ankle.. come and get me". If I tell my buddy I am at so and so's property and by the large dead fall, or "where you shot the big doe last year", ect.. 99% of the time, he will know exactly where to find me and vice versa.