I propose New 'score this buck' thread rules

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Pops423, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Pops423

Pops423 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    We all like this 'score this buck' threads and I participate as well.
    -- I think that if you post a guess, you should have to post up how you got that score. I think there is such a false sense of what deer really score. My favorite are the 8 point bucks in velvet that guys say that's a 140's buck. It takes A LOT to get an 8 to score 140. But this comes from the TV shows where they shoot a 115 8 point and call it a 140.

I also think when anyone posts a picture of their buck and says, it scored 'xx value' you should have to post up the scores.

I say this for a couple of reasons.

1. It will help others figure out what/how to score
    2. Pictures can be deceiving, especially kill photos so it would be nice to see how they calculated the score.

Sorry, I'm done now. Carry on.

2. Jake C.

Jake C. Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Not a bad idea man, your dead on with your statement about TV shows.....Make sure you hold the antlers out as far away from your body as you can, slightly turn the rack towards the camera, and put your head right between the tines to make his rack really look huge and those idiots out there watching will all think its a 160's when he's only a 130's don't worry they will never know.....

So ill 2nd your views on a new "score this buck" set of rules. My family never got into scoring our bucks when i was younger. I've gotten into scoring them myself and would like to learn more about it. I think its really fun to do and my family now does a Big Buck Contest and we will through some money down and got a little deer trophy just a fun comepetition between family.