Bowtech Destroyer 350 LE

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by snorton330, Aug 27, 2014.

1. snorton330

snorton330 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Got a guy wanting to trade me for my creed. Was wondering what some thoughts were on this bow. How bout the back wall? the valley? draw cycle? Thanks.

-SN

2. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Lol...I bet he is.

3. B-rad

B-rad Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Had one about 2 years ago i liked ok. It was super fast with a good back wall and little above average vally

4. frantzracing0

frantzracing0 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    IMO its not half the bow the creed is......and I dont like the creed all that much

5. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I had one, keep your Creed. The limbs are not much IMO. I wouldn't trade him your bow plus $200...lol

6. muzzyman88

muzzyman88 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Depends on what you're looking for. They are very different bows.

The Destroyer will be far faster for sure. Noise IMO is a wash, both are very quiet with the Destroyer maybe being a touch louder given the speed it puts out.

Draw cycle is subjective and really depends on your taste. The Destroyer is a bit stiffer, but again, the speed thing. The vibration levels of each is very good, with the Creed probably being a bit better given its a slower bow.

If you want the speed and don't mind giving up a little in terms of draw cycle (stiffness), trade up.

If you like smooth, slow and quiet.. stay with the old fashioned single cam Creed. ;)

Oh and the nonsense mentioned about the limbs on the Destroyer. I have one, have thousands of shots through it without an issue. I've also owned 6 other Bowtechs before the Destroyer and not a single issue.

7. Cledus

Cledus Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I've seen a few customers/friends bring in Destroyer's with the limb problem, and Bowtech replaced the limbs free of charge.

8. atlasman

atlasman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have a Destroyer 350 and the ONLY way I would ever trade it for a Creed is if that Creed was zip tied to another Destroyer........that way I could leave the Creed in my truck in case I ever needed to jam something under a tire for traction :)

Being totally serious I wouldn't take a Creed for my bow as I would consider it a downgrade on many levels. I have always preferred Bowtech to Mathews since 2003 though so I may be biased.

9. joshua.waymire.1

joshua.waymire.1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I say go get a Hoyt but I'm a big fan of them. But if you ask me I would stick with the creed unless you're just dying for a bowtech. IMO Matthews is a much better bow but then again its no Hoyt lol

10. frantzracing0

frantzracing0 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    bowtech bows have been plagued with issues for years. But hey....they are fast :confused:

11. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I hear that on the internet yet I have never had an issue with my BT bows ever.

12. J-Daddy

J-Daddy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Truth is this site is full of Mathews guys so everything is gonna be Mathews biased on here..
    There are Pros & Cons to each one..
    The Destroyer is a lot faster, and the OverDrive Cams are more tunable if you know what your doing, the Destroyer has a better grip as well... I've owned numerous Bowtech's over the years and never had an issue with any of them, I'm shooting a Bowtech Experience right now and it's a great bow.. Mathews fans are some of the most diehard around "they believe the hype lol" so asking for advice on here about another brand isn't gonna go well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I do agree with jdaddy on the grip and it was easy to tune. It does have a stiff draw. Mine was new and it limbs started flaking within a month. It did shoot very good though.

14. ultramax

ultramax Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My d350 is the best bow I have ever owned and I have owned a lot of the in over 40 years of buying archery tags..zero problems in four years. Most new bows have split limbs and I hate them no matter who makes it.

15. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not a fanboy of Mathews, I'm a Hoyt guy but I'd take a Mathews any day over a destroyer. My brother in law has shot one for the last two years. We trade bows when he and my sis visit and we shoot around in the yard range. They shoot fast is all I can say that's really positive about it. He's never had trouble with his. Personally I feel the draw cycle sucks eggs but I'm used to shooting a top end Hoyt too that is also a very different bow so not really a fair comparison. I have a neighbor that shoots a Mathews ChillR and a creed and I have shot both and can't say I'd prefer either over my Element but I'd take either one over the Destroyer that I've shot. My BIL's destroyer is set at 70# and my Element is at 75# and even my brother in law remarked how much better mine was on the draw cycle, smoother and easier to draw. His chrono's a few FPS faster but I sure wouldn't trade quality for that little bit of speed...but that's just me.

16. zjohn14

zjohn14 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Every company has problems an will always till Jesus comes back, with the technology changing so fast it's impossible not to. You saying that sounds like a dumb redneck an shows you do know anything about achery come on man. The only problem bowtech had was 10,11,&12 models were chipping on the corners of there hard core layered limbs. They replaced mine no ? Ask. Paint or cosmetic issue is not a true problem. It's about childish for someone hating on a company when all of them have issues. Same thing goes for Ford, Chevy, dodge,etc grow up an wake up, every single company no matter it being bows to a t.v. have problems. If they don't fix it well then that's one thing ppl should raise hell but bowtech fix the flaking by making a totally new design the carbon core limbs. An they seem awesome, also just wanna let ppl know that Bowtech's c.s. is just as good as the rest to. Yes I shoot bowtech an also elite just what I prefer. I think Matthews an hoyt are great to an would love to have the carbon Spyder here soon. Let me put it like this picking a bow is like picking out a new mattress not everyone will like the same bed so that's why they are so many different kinds, an there both very very expensive.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk

17. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    I have not read anything here that I would classify as hating on a company or childish. Bowtechs have had a lot of problems historically. Pointing them out is no more childish than a die hard fan bragging them up in spite of problematic designs. Many have had failing limbs more than just cosmetic, the cams have been designed in several models with too shallow a groove that makes them derail with any torque, etc.. That's the reality of it, sure all companies have some problems here and there but some have had a history of having serious fails more than what could be considered average too. My BIL has had no problems with his but his co-worker's destroyer (a mutual friend) had his break a limb while hanging beside him in the tree stand...sitting untouched...just boom.
    Folks have to consider price classes of bows also when comparing bows. I don't recall what the price ranges were of the Creed and the Destroyer but best I can recall the creed was a rung above in price and quality. May not be a consideration and the bows mentioned in the OP may be of differing ages but all things being equal...a cheaper bow will always be a cheaper bow. Of course if the Creed isn't liked then there isn't much to lose either I guess.

18. atlasman

atlasman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The Creed is a step up in price because the Destroyer was released 4 years ago. It's a step down in quality as far as I'm concerned because it's a slug. EVERY company out there has a decent shooting bow that will do 328 IBO so the only reason they can charge what they do is they know the fanboys don't care how much it costs as long as they have the newest Mathews.

Seriously........30" and 328fps??

Those are specs from 10 years ago LOL!!!

19. Bowhunter_IL_BT

Bowhunter_IL_BT Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have always been a Bowtech fan but the only thing that I would be concerned about is if the limbs were to break at somepoint. Destroyers have been known to break from time to time, but another problem is that Bowtech once they run out of parts (limbs) for their bows thats it. If you wanted the D350 LE I would look into try getting a spare pair of limbs.

20. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah I don't understand fanboy or brand bashing. I do currently own and shoot two Bowtech's but I like all bows. My last two bows were a Bear and a PSE before that. I really don't like the Hoyt grips but I never bash them because of that.

Having said that I actually like the Destoyer better than the Creed. I have shot both. The only thing I liked better on the Creed was I think it draws smoother. I do like the Chill R a lot and considered selling my Experience to buy one but really they are very similar bows. If I am going to switch bows it should be for one I love not just like. Maybe if I can shoot one with rock mods I would change my mind, folks seem to love those.