Best backpack with bow holder?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by DVFD236, Aug 22, 2014.

1. DVFD236

DVFD236 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    In the market for a new backpack with a bow holder. I cant see spending almost $300 for a badlands. what do you all use?

2. CJCullen

CJCullen Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I bought a larger backack to carry all my cam gear and the regular stuff but I saved money by not getting one with a bow holder and instead fitted a bow sling onto the backpack and use some velchro straps I purchased to keep it extra steady while walking. Granted Id like one with a bow holder but not really in my financing right now and this set up works great for me. Hope this helped.

3. kb1785

kb1785 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
  4. DVFD236

DVFD236 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I would like to stay under $100 if at all possible. Hard to do these days.

5. the wanderer

the wanderer Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Alps outdoorz trail blazer. Bought it off of amazon for $55. Haven't used it yet as I bought it for my first elk hunting trip in three weeks. I also bought an Alps Outdoorz freighter frame pack and bag for packing up into the mountains and for packing meat out. I've been training with an 80 lb bag of water softener salt and its holding up fine. All of the Alps outdoorz packs are cheaper than badlands, eberlestock, kuiu, kifaru, even most cabelas brand packs. I believe they have other pack with bow holders as well.

6. thirdhandman

thirdhandman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    You can attach a rubber Third Hand Hip Clip to the strap of just about any back pack with a zip tie. That keeps the bow in a ready position and can be easily, quickly, quietly be removed with one hand. bowsling.net

7. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    ^^^
    Exactly! I have almost the same set up for my trip this year. The Commander Freighter ($99/Amazon for pack AND frame) to get all my gear up the mountain to my base camp, and the Pathfinder (now $79 but I got it for $65) to use as my day pack/overnight bivy camp pack. The Pathfinder is convertible from a fanny to standard pack with bow holder straps.

Both have great reviews and while I haven't used them in the field yet I find them to appear to be of very good quality. In fact, ALPS has great reviews on pretty much everything they make on every website they're sold. ALPS Outdoorz is the way to go!

ALPS OutdoorZ Pathfinder Pack
    ALPS OutdoorZ Commander Freighter Frame Plus Pack Bag, 5250 Cubic Inches

8. jjs3

jjs3 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    i have the Eberlestock RMEF edition pack, I love the pack but it STINKS at holding my bow. I did hear good things on the one you have posted though.