Lost And Found

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Lester, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    What is your favorite hunting accessory that you lost and found a while later?

2. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I could not find my Carter 2 shot release and I haven't had it since late season bow hunting in Kansas. I thought for sure I had lost it there, but just found it going threw some hunting pants getting ready for the season :)

3. RugerRedbone

RugerRedbone Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Lost a canal st. Cutlery pocket knife after dressing out a doe two years ago. Found it a few weeks later in the woods halfway between where I was using it and the truck.

4. JLS

JLS Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Misplaced my binos one fall . Couldn't figure out how I could possibly lose them but they were gone . Went out turkey hunting the next spring and when I set up in my favorite fence row , there they were hanging on a limb .

The weather wasn't kind to them but I could remember then that I had stopped in that spot and glassed a buck that I almost got called in .

5. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    A set of 3 Lone Wolf sticks. Couldn't remember where I hung them. Found them the following Fall :busted:

6. TheHardWoods913

TheHardWoods913 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Same thing here....stuck my Gerber in the ground while cleaning a deer after a recovery after dark. Realized when we got back to the house I didn't have my knife, figured it was gone and there's no way it would be there when we returned. Walked through that spot to go hunting again about 2 weeks later and there it was sticking out of the ground at the same spot....on public land to boot!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. Sticknstringarchery

Sticknstringarchery Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've had a few lost and founds.

The first were 2 arrows. My first hunting season I used a quiver on my bow (I don't do any more it's mounted on my pack) and about half way on a walk out which I didn't normally go they fell out. A few weeks later I went that same way and there they were.

Last year after killing my first doe and dropping her off at the processors I came back and took down my stand. I didn't hunt that tree again that season but, I couldn't find my good bow hanger. About a month later I went back to the tree looked up and there it was.

A couple years ago I put out a camera. Forgot about it and was scouting this past summer and there it was still in the tree. Still works.

I did the same thing with a pair of pruning shears. Found them where I dropped them and since, I have lost them again. I hope they are found. They were nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. BigPhil_H

BigPhil_H Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well, I've been crying for the last 6 months and all night tonight until I decided to get my mind off of things and read a few threads before bed, lone behold, here we are talking about misplaced accessories which is the culprit of my agony -- my Leupold RX750 is still MIA :throw:

9. big_quillie

big_quillie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I had a good Kobalt razor blade/knife and saw. I have yet to locate it. Sooooo, I'm still working on the found part.

10. SPOTnSTALK

SPOTnSTALK Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Lost a Grave Digger. Still MIA.

11. Treehopper

Treehopper Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Lost a fletch hunter conch release, 2 years later a logger found it after his mule ran it over. Filthy and so rusted it was locked up. My pro shop sent it in. I just got it back looks brand new, works great. The best part is no charge. I am impressed.

12. gltomp

gltomp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Lost a Buck 102 knife one year. A year later I got a phone call from a guy that said he found my knife in the woods and to come and get it. I had carved my name in the back of the sheath and he was nice enough to contact me. Years later I gave the knife to my Amish friend's son.

13. Christine

Christine Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I lost a really nice buck to the river. :( Never did find it. Did find someone else's 182" buck. At least that guy got his buck.

14. iHunt

iHunt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My bow after every deer season. Usually find it a couple days before a GTG shoot :lol:

Lost my rangefinder last season sometime, its still missing though.

15. bones435

bones435 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Last year I lost my mind searching for the nice 3x3 I shot. Only to not recover. I'm pretty sure he must have been drug off by a bear but who know really. Last week I found it again on the trail. Glad to have it back.
    Really tho I wish I found my ken onion kershaw chive knife I lost. Loved that knife for gutting. I think it got lost in the body cavity. Maybe it made its way to be lobster bait.

16. bones435

bones435 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I just got one of those. You have inspired me to put contact info in all the bucks I have. (119,105,102)

17. Christine

Christine Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've also lost 3 different Al Mar knives, three different times... all at Lake Carlyle, IL. I don't know what it is with that lake and knives. :(

18. fox hollow 2

fox hollow 2 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    While in college my friends and I would hunt a lot of public land. One day after walking miles of public ground I noticed my sheath had slid off my belt. I assumed it was gone for ever. This hurt my feelings pretty bad because my dad gave it to me as a Christmas present many years ago. While sitting at the dinner table the next night explaining to him that I lost it, I get a phone call. It is one of my hunting buddies calling to tell me he stumbled on to it that day. He gave it back to me at school. I couldn't believe he found it. I got him a case of beer in return. lol. Little gifts like that knife my not seem like much, but it ment the world to me. I now carry my knife in my pocket or in my back pack.

19. jacob

jacob Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I didn't get to keep it long but I found a couple of cold beers in a field once. I still haven't figured out where they came from.

20. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I accidentally dropped my Wicked hand saw out of the stand in November and forgot to pick it up on my way out. Of course I forgot about it entirely and thought I lost it until I went to pull the stand in March while I was shed hunting. As expected the saw was as good as new. :tu: