I need to sell my CO Private Land Elk hunt.

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Afflicted, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Afflicted

Afflicted Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Delete.

Not sure how to delete this thread.

My wife talked me into just hunting hard for three days rather than the week. I can do that.

Thanks all.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
  2. Cledus

Cledus Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Oh man...

3. trkytrack2

trkytrack2 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm confused. You have a Ranching For Wildlife License? Or is the license a Private Land License? The confusion is: Ranching For Wildlife Licenses are only available/issued to Colorado residents. Non-residents aren't eligible for Ranching For Wildlife Licenses.
    Private Land Only Licenses are available to anyone. You can only hunt on the private land it's issued for. You can't hunt on National Forest land.

4. Afflicted

Dislikes Received:

It may not be private land. Limited entry.

5. BearArcher

BearArcher Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not trying to stir anything up or anything. I'm just trying to understand. How can a hunt be limited entry on public land? By definition, public land is open to the public. If 900 hunters show up then who has the right to tell them they can't hunt? I guess it might be land that is normally closed to all hunting but allows a fixed number of hunters to hunt it during a certain time period. Similar to the managed deer hunts that Missouri has but that would be the only way I could see a hunt being limited entry that wasn't on private land. Just curious if Colorado has different rules about public land that I am not familiar with in case I ever do get a chance to go out there.

6. Afflicted

Dislikes Received:
    I booked this last year and couldn't go so I forget all the details. I'm assuming the state limits how many hunters they let in in some areas. Kind of like our quota hunts but the state has some outfitters they award certain areas. I suppose, I was going to find out more during the hunt.

7. TEmbry

TEmbry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If it's a Colorado hunt fetching $7k you can bet its private land.... The outfitter should be able to answer questions for any serious inquirers and provide references.

Good luck selling it Afflicted. Sucks taking that big of a financial hit, much less not being able to go in the first place.

8. Afflicted

Dislikes Received:

Thanks and thanks for stepping in.

Been cross training for months and dreaming about this hunt for 2 years but I've also been working on this new account for a year and a half so it's a blessing. Just don't want to screw over Doyle.

9. trkytrack2

trkytrack2 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Limited Entry tags are for public land. Their draw tags....the only people that can hunt that area is someone that drew a tag for that area. Outfitters in Colorado aren't awarded any certain areas. Quite a few of the outfitters hunt wilderness areas but anyone else with the proper tag can hunt there too. No areas are set aside just for outfitters. Ranching For Wildlife tags are for private ranches only. Those tags are for residents only and you can only hunt on the private ranch property...not public land.