How long do y'all let your plots cool off for before season starts

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by biscuit, Aug 15, 2014.

1. biscuit

biscuit Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So I had to make one last change to my tree set up today out at one of my food plots. I was hesitant to go out this close to season starting but I had to replace a stand that I just did not feel was safe enough for my family to use.

So to my question. How many days do y'all let your location cool off after getting everything finished to your satisfaction. I'm looking at 4 weeks as of today if I don't go back out until opening day.

2. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    No cool down necessary. Hang it and hunt.

3. Treehopper

Treehopper Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Agree 100 percent

4. Yancey

Yancey Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah I'll go in weekly when the seasons out then go in the night before to make sure everything looks right. But my lease is surrounded by neighborhoods and the deer are sort of use to a little activity.

5. Wiscohunter

Wiscohunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Im not sure how much I believe in the whole thing that deer will avoid an area of woods that a human has been in. Ive been to my stand the night before doing stuff and saw deer the next day.

6. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I think too much activity, if it's near a bedding area can push mature bucks out of an area. Sometimes I think I am in my woods too much checking trail cameras and possibly push the bigger bucks away. I'm trying to do a little better about that this year, saying that, I haven't had a chance to get in trim my shooting lanes and check my stands yet. Hopefully I can get in and get them all checked in one day to I can lessen my impact on the area.

7. JakeD

JakeD Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm usually just careful about how much I walk around an area and scent it up. I shot a buck last year and took my dog back to track it later in the day. I had pics of an old 7 pointer all season around there until that day. He left and I started getting pics of him on a completely different section of the property after that. It stayed that way until the end of January. I think that you can push a mature buck out of an area if you are completely careless and intrusive, but it took me walking through his bedding area for him to leave.